WTB: 99-00 EX Catalytic Convert (& Headers...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
WTB: 99-00 EX Catalytic Converter (& Headers...?)

as the title states, i need a catalytic converter that will fit a 99 civic ex coupe. i dont care if its used, but i need it to be in good condition. mainly as least amount of rust as possible and no leaks/cracks/etc. it would be helpful if the heatshield was included as well as the 4 bolts that hold the heatshield and converter together. and any gaskets if there are any.

leave a price (+ rough shipping estimate if possible) and pics if u have any. can pm me or use aim link at the side profile.

---

also, i may be interested in some headers. like 4-2-1 dc ceramics or something. prefer used and decent condition (no leaks/cracks...no major dents, dings, scratches, etc). I DO NOT WANT STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS. its bolded so u cant miss it.

leave a price (+ rough shipping estimate if possible) and pics if u have any. can pm me or use aim link at the side profile.

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
question?

do you want the cat because it has gona bad or because it was not on the car.

if it went bad, then do what i did. honda gives an 8/80k warranty in which they replace the cat free of charge. THis happened to me and i got it replaced for free. If you want to add it because it wan't there, give this a shot....
http://motors.search.ebay.com/civic-oem_Catalytic-Converters_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPostalQQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQmppfqyZcatalyticQ20civicQQsacatZ33629QQsadisZ200QQsamcmZ6028QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsaspiZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

He's selling it for $100. The dealer will charge you around $1500. Atleast, that's what he tried to charge me before he found out that the car was under warranty. The look on his face was priceless. :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
holy s**t why do cats run so much money from honda parts websites? i thought that was just a joke or something.

and i have a cat on my car right now. its just its rusted beyond belief and it leaks. i can hear it when i hit the gas. i need the whole new converter and the 4 bolts.

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
holy s**t why do cats run so much money from honda parts websites? i thought that was just a joke or something.

and i have a cat on my car right now. its just its rusted beyond belief and it leaks. i can hear it when i hit the gas. i need the whole new converter and the 4 bolts.
Like i said above. If it is f'ed up and throws a CEL. I believe code 67. Than take it to the dealership and have them change it for free because i noticed that you have a 99ex and this is the last year that your car is under warranty for a cat.

I personally don't have anywords to tell why the hell they are so expensive.

here are two comparisons.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=1999&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=EXHAUST+PIPE
$845

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Civic-99-2000-EX-Si-Catalytic-Converter-OEM-NEW_W0QQitemZ8026397819QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33629QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
$125

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does the sound only come when you let go of the gas? If so then its a code 67 and your cat is finished. The same s**t happened to me and i was scared as hell.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well i dont have a cel so i shouldnt be throwing codes (?).

the sound only happens when i PRESS the gas. i can hear the air quickly coming out somewhere around the cat area.

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
I have a cat. no codes, ran perfect just removed because it wasn't compatable with my new header. Not much to look at but it functioned perfectly with both my D16 and B16. Cheap.

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
well i dont have a cel so i shouldnt be throwing codes (?).

the sound only happens when i PRESS the gas. i can hear the air quickly coming out somewhere around the cat area.
that's exactly what happened to me. The cat is toast. Like i said above, go to the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.