XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is your power steering response just drop-off and gets hard I assume? If so most likely a seized pump bearing that catches the shaft and drops pressure. If vanes in the pump broke it should be kind of erattic between pressurized and when it drops.
Yeah, sometimes when I start my car the belt will squeak terrrrribly, which goes away after a min or if I start turning the wheel a bit. Then when driving I can feel it pulsating, which is much more obvious when turning. A few times now I've lost P/S when turning and had to apply extra pressure to not accidentally cross over into the wrong lane lol.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Well we both know whats next then. =)
A SWEET THREAD WITH A COMPLETE REINSTALL!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well bad news... I believe I blew the clutch on the way to work this morning. Car stalls when I press the clutch pedal in. I can start the car with it in gear, and can drive with each gear, as long as I shift quickly. Horrible burning smell (like a sweet rubbery scent), and there's a bit of a squeal when it's idling in neutral. When I push the clutch pedal down, it squeals horribly as it stalls.. Limped her home and took this. Really not looking forward to pulling the subframe off to get the transmission out. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I've been thinking of a new car for a while now, and this might be the push I need. I got this car 9 years ago this Sunday, and she's been great to me tbh.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You sure the clutch bearing didnt just come completely apart and is binding on the input shaft?

If it is quickly get that fixed, dont want to fubar the input shaft. Pull the inspection cover off the bottom and look for shards of metal.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going to attempt to pull the trans and take a look this week. Will update!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
If I was nearby, we could have that thing out in less than an hour =)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Never updated... honestly don't remember what that issue was. However the clutch went poof last October. Replaced it and all has been well-ish...

I say ish because I'm an idiot and never checked the rear main seal while the trans was off, and of course it's bad and leaking. Can see oil near the flywheel when I pop the cover off. Son of a b**** :lol: