XpL0d3r's RSX DC5 Type-S Thread

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Here's my run at the Watkins Glen yesterday for opening day. Brand new track surface. Drove down there on a spirited cruise with a bunch of other cars (there were hundreds of us going down all at once, we went down in waves but it was pretty sloppy). The cruise was in memory of a guy in the area who I sort of knew (did autocross with him before), but was passenger of a car whose driver was drinking and sadly it ended tragically. He was 20...

Anywayssss, overall a great time. Went with @Szady and my house mate. Running the track was a blast. They gave us a warning not to speed over 55, but I definitely managed 85 or so a few times in places.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And all but confirmed my rear passenger caliper has seized up. 3 mile drive to work gets that one wheel HOT. I can actually hear the rotor cooling down. Need to do a couple small drives tomorrow morning, and hopefully get this fixed this weekend.

Might as well go a little lower, too, while I'm at it.... :lol:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread died pretty easily... :roll:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did autocross today with @Szady ! It was a blast.. until it started down pouring. GoPro vid to follow.

I was on my 6th run of the day when it started hitting hard. Finished the run and suddenly a fluctuating idle. Went to do my final run, and it started raining so hard the timing lights wouldn't recognize anything.

Finished the run, and CEL popped on, P0505. Can't find a vacuum leak yet. IACV seems to be good, unplugged it with the car running, and the idle shot up and held. I want to look into it more, buuut the Cowboys game is on....

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, you guys have a lot of snow over there still. We barely have any out this way...

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a lot of snow over here either :lol:

** Sigh, I got my tabs mixed up and thought this was the chat thread. Edited post here. The car looks good in the snow though :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Almost 2 year update...

One of my HID bulbs died yesterday. Hoping it's the bulb and not a ballast. Either way... padiddle. :lol:
Hit some road debris at 80mph over the summer and it took my front lip clean off. f**ked up the wheel well plastics a bit but otherwise all good.
Windshield wipers hit the bottom cowl and A-pillar. Apparently this is common with RSX's and is an easy fix. Waiting til spring.

Approaching 200k! 193k and counting. I will likely be out of the H/A game when I hit the 200k mark as I told myself once I get there I will look for a new car. I still want an S2k but that would be a summer only car up here.

That's about it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd love to get a RSX Type S, but like so many other Honda's, finding a solid one that hasn't been beat is tough....

hondaniac

I'd love to get a RSX Type S, but like so many other Honda's, finding a solid one that hasn't been beat is tough....
Mhm. My uncle is a car mechanic and even he has difficulties sourcing something from his pretty vast pool of friends.