XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
G35 always was acting up on me, i do not blame you. and nissan has the MOST expensive oe replacement parts
Yeah, through a transmission problem to a window motor issue that I had to fight the warranty company for to do anything, it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Never buy extended warranties lol. They wouldn't cover my transmission issue (hole in the transmission caused by the input shaft) because they said my car was "neglected" due to.... bald tires. The tires were old as fck, from the previous owner before me lol. Took me 4 weeks and a lot of bitching for them to change their mind....

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to do a photoshoot of this car sometime. I need to work on my photog skillz. Come out to Lake George Cim...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
$5000 ????? Where I live people would be ridiculous and selling it for $8,000 for a base model.
That Honda-Tax -.-
Same here. 5750 for a type-s is crazy talk around where I live. Might have to start looking at PA CL for my next car lol.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude auto trans went out, hard as f**k shifting, not wanting to get into the next gear. windows losing their memory, and always going into safety mode, sun roof sticking close, interior trim coming unglued, coil packs going out TWICE in a year. cam position sensors going out on both banks, all dummy lights going off when driving "hard" seat heater went out, man that car had SO many problems, i am so glad to be done with it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I want to do a photoshoot of this car sometime. I need to work on my photog skillz. Come out to Lake George Cim...
I'm down..!

dude auto trans went out, hard as f*** shifting, not wanting to get into the next gear. windows losing their memory, and always going into safety mode, sun roof sticking close, interior trim coming unglued, coil packs going out TWICE in a year. cam position sensors going out on both banks, all dummy lights going off when driving "hard" seat heater went out, man that car had SO many problems, i am so glad to be done with it.
Dayum :shock: I had a few issues but not like that. Worst part of mine was dealing with the warranty company. My window motor died too. And it was caused by a "weak window regulator". Since the regulator isn't covered under warranty, this wasn't covered (the motor IS normally covered). In their policy it says that parts damaged by other parts not under warranty aren't covered" -___- $618 to get fixed at the dealership to replace both the motor and regulator. Had it done at some small shop instead for ~$350.

The Type-S shifts so much smoother than both the G and my Civic though. The guy before me had the cold air intake installed because he liked the amplified sound of Vtec haha. It actually is very noticeable when it kicks in. I like the ~8k redline too, but I don't actually plan on getting near that too much if ever for now :lol:

Side note: Saw some dude rear end the back of a Cobalt SS last weekend on Halloween downtown. A banana rear ended some black dude :bluelol: Both were OK though, SS has some damage the other car was some old ass Buick.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ASPEC wing will be here on Tuesday.

Gave her her first wash since I've had her though haha.. finally. No wax yet though.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for wax job :thumbup:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's funny how people think bigger or more expensive cars are better. I had a 08 mercedes e350 with stupid issues constantly. The luxuries were not worth the constant problems... and the mandatory trips to Mercedes dealers to fix them.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's funny how people think bigger or more expensive cars are better. I had a 08 mercedes e350 with stupid issues constantly. The luxuries were not worth the constant problems... and the mandatory trips to Mercedes dealers to fix them.
my f150, way better than the g35.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
More features = more things to break.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
THIS is why I refuse to drive anything newer than a 2004ish car. More features, means more things that can and will break. I'm happy driving my 1994 del Sol where the only thing that can break is my head unit and/or iPod. :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I agree with you all for sure. The Type-S doesn't have many features, s**t mine doesn't even have fog lights (yet :lol:).But I'm perfectly OK with it! I don't need navigation; I use my iPhone anyways. I don't need VDC; I don't drive like a douche.

I DO miss the sound of the exhaust though. Sexiest sounding stock exhaust on any normal car around IMO.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true. it was a great sound. the traction control was trash to be honest, and turning it off didnt really turn off...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aspec wing installed... got it for a kickass price... $160 shipped and already painted!

Now I need a good set of snows...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aspec wing installed... got it for a kickass price... $160 shipped and already painted!

Now I need a good set of snows...
nice man, idk tho. look too high for me. Where is the Aspec wing from? Was that an option for the Type-s?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice man, idk tho. look too high for me. Where is the Aspec wing from? Was that an option for the Type-s?
Yeah, it is a little higher than what I'd like, but the low spoiler was ugly and I didn't want to deal with patching holes in the trunk, especially with winter right around the corner.

The ASPEC wing is actually part of a kit with the aspec lip and decklid, etc, but the kit itself is now discontinued by Acura.

If it's a dealer part, it can't be *that* ricey, right? :lol:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, it is a little higher than what I'd like, but the low spoiler was ugly and I didn't want to deal with patching holes in the trunk, especially with winter right around the corner.

The ASPEC wing is actually part of a kit with the aspec lip and decklid, etc, but the kit itself is now discontinued by Acura.

If it's a dealer part, it can't be *that* ricey, right? :lol:
ah, ok. Did not know that. I guess we're just use to looking at the standard spoiler.