XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Here's my run at the Watkins Glen yesterday for opening day. Brand new track surface. Drove down there on a spirited cruise with a bunch of other cars (there were hundreds of us going down all at once, we went down in waves but it was pretty sloppy). The cruise was in memory of a guy in the area who I sort of knew (did autocross with him before), but was passenger of a car whose driver was drinking and sadly it ended tragically. He was 20...

Anywayssss, overall a great time. Went with @Szady and my house mate. Running the track was a blast. They gave us a warning not to speed over 55, but I definitely managed 85 or so a few times in places.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And all but confirmed my rear passenger caliper has seized up. 3 mile drive to work gets that one wheel HOT. I can actually hear the rotor cooling down. Need to do a couple small drives tomorrow morning, and hopefully get this fixed this weekend.

Might as well go a little lower, too, while I'm at it.... :lol:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang, hope you got that brake cleared up!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread died pretty easily... :roll:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did autocross today with @Szady ! It was a blast.. until it started down pouring. GoPro vid to follow.

I was on my 6th run of the day when it started hitting hard. Finished the run and suddenly a fluctuating idle. Went to do my final run, and it started raining so hard the timing lights wouldn't recognize anything.

Finished the run, and CEL popped on, P0505. Can't find a vacuum leak yet. IACV seems to be good, unplugged it with the car running, and the idle shot up and held. I want to look into it more, buuut the Cowboys game is on....

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Winter mode.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, you guys have a lot of snow over there still. We barely have any out this way...

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a lot of snow over here either :lol:

** Sigh, I got my tabs mixed up and thought this was the chat thread. Edited post here. The car looks good in the snow though :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did a thing yesterday. Porsche driver was an ass.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Almost 2 year update...

One of my HID bulbs died yesterday. Hoping it's the bulb and not a ballast. Either way... padiddle. :lol:
Hit some road debris at 80mph over the summer and it took my front lip clean off. f**ked up the wheel well plastics a bit but otherwise all good.
Windshield wipers hit the bottom cowl and A-pillar. Apparently this is common with RSX's and is an easy fix. Waiting til spring.

Approaching 200k! 193k and counting. I will likely be out of the H/A game when I hit the 200k mark as I told myself once I get there I will look for a new car. I still want an S2k but that would be a summer only car up here.

That's about it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd love to get a RSX Type S, but like so many other Honda's, finding a solid one that hasn't been beat is tough....

hondaniac

I'd love to get a RSX Type S, but like so many other Honda's, finding a solid one that hasn't been beat is tough....
Mhm. My uncle is a car mechanic and even he has difficulties sourcing something from his pretty vast pool of friends.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still got this b***h. About 240k miles on her now....

Def starting to show some age. Front end looks like trash up close. Need to clean my headlights too lol. I also still miss my front lip.. damn road debris :lol:

The best part about this car - it truly can fit so much s**t in the back.

All for now lol.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Hell ya, glad to see its still in the stable....being treated like a horse LOL

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hell ya, glad to see its still in the stable....being treated like a horse LOL
All those Halloween decorations for the front of yard lol. If you look close the gf is in the front seat haha.

I do need to put my badges back on; I accidentally powerwashed the RSX and Type-S badge off earlier this summer... whoops.

Also need to look into the power steering soon.. making some goofy noises and cuts out occasionally. I took a very quick look and the fluid is oooold so I'll start with that and go from there. Pump is whining though so it might be on its way out.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Is your power steering response just drop-off and gets hard I assume? If so most likely a seized pump bearing that catches the shaft and drops pressure. If vanes in the pump broke it should be kind of erattic between pressurized and when it drops.