Y8 head on Y7 block

-blacksuperman-

I know this has been covered many times everywhere but i would like some steady and reliable assistance.

I have the head and intake in place, just not sure of the following things
1. how to connect the hoses and where
2. how to connect all the sensors and where
3. how to wire VTEC
4. how to connect the necessary ECU

please assist. trying to get her back on the road this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

-blacksuperman-

Did you install the head?

Hose connections depend partly on the car. You provided no car information.

Sensor connections are done by matching wire number and color in each connector to the proper sensor, assuming you can identify the sensor. See 96-00 Civic factory manual. Same for VTEC wiring.

ECU: Plug connectors into ECU and install the bolts.
my apologies

I have a 97 civic coupe DX, the ECU and head is from a 2000 SI

-blacksuperman-

what are you guys talking about? I just need assistance getting my civic on the road, if you cant help, please just chat on another thread. I'm asking for help here

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what are you guys talking about? I just need assistance getting my civic on the road, if you cant help, please just chat on another thread. I'm asking for help here

Canadian Si and US Si's are totally different. Canadian Si is just the US EX, whereas the US Si is the Canadian SiR.

There was confusion when you mentioned you have an Si head and are putting it on a DX block, because in the US, this would never work. But if you are in Canada and have a Canadian Si (aka US EX), this will work.

So, assuming you are in Canada and have a DX block and Si (US EX) head:

You will need to do the IACV and Vtec wiring, assuming you're still using the same non-vtec harness.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Note that OP's profile indicates that he/she lives in Tennessee.
They could still have a Canadian car. I've seen it all at this point lol.

XpL0d3r said:
You will need to do the IACV and Vtec wiring, assuming you're still using the same non-vtec harness.
Not sure how you came to this^ conclusion.
I did a mini-me swap back in the day.

96-00 Non-Vtec models have a 3 wire IACV.
96-00 Vtec models have a 2 wire IACV.

Assuming OP is using the correct ECU (P2P), they will need to convert to 2-wire IACV. They work differently.

EcoModder said:
Honda used two different types of IAC valves. The most popular is the 2-wire unit. The two wire IAC valve uses current through a winding to open a plunger against a spring. On some of the later model Hondas, a 3-wire IAC valve is used. The 3-wire is a rotary type valve.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/honda-iacv-explained-967.html

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Speaks volumes about OP.

Did the OP actually take the Y8 head from a USDM Civic Si? It's possible, right?

Did you also notice that the OP failed to mention what type of transmission his CDN or USDM Civic has?
Absolutely possible! And yes, did notice that.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Did you guys also notice his only 3 posts ever were in this thread only? Just another give me my answer and gone..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you guys also notice his only 3 posts ever were in this thread only? Just another give me my answer and gone..

Sent from my boujea ass phone
Yeah, but t's a tech forum, a majority of forum posts nowadays are post and go's. The social aspect of forums has largely moved to social media.

We do very much appreciate the people who stick around though! =)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Guys, please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

-blacksuperman-

sorry, i actually have a job so i can't hang on here and insult everyone's intelligence because thats all i have to do.

for those who would like to know, it was a 99 SI head and computer, i have a stock 5 speed DX trans (no I dont know the numbers)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for those who would like to know, it was a 99 SI head and computer, i have a stock 5 speed DX trans (no I dont know the numbers)
As previously stated:

you mentioned you have an Si head and are putting it on a DX block, because in the US, this would never work.
If you have a USDM SI head, IT WILL NOT FIT to the DX block. Ever. Not compatible. Not going to happen. EVER.
If you have a Candadian Si head, this is actually the same as a USDM EX head. This would be compatible.

USA Si head: B16A2
CANADA Si head: D16Y8

Because you say in your title that you have a Y8 Head... THIS IS NOT A USDM Si HEAD. Don't call it one. Unless you're in Canada.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it's a Single cam from a '99 Canadian Ex?
If it were from a US market 2000 Si, you're not mating a DOHC head onto the y7 block successfully.

@ blacksuperman, you should get your terminology and numbers correct to avoid confusion like this when asking questions.