ya'll know anything bout an eclipse???

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend Mikey just bought a 92 Eclipse with front end damage, and supposedly all it needed was a radiator. We did not get a radiator yet, but we have been trying to start it and it won't do anything, not evevn turn over, and he just bought a brand new battery, so then we thought maybe the starter was out, so we tryed to roll start it, repeatedly, and not just pushin it, but pushin it with other cars. and we still got nothin..... The gas that's in it has been in it for about 2 yrs but that wouldn't keep it from starting up would it??? so I got 2 questions (cuz I'm more anxious to get it running than Mikey) where is the starter on a 92 Eclipse (we can't find it anywhere, I'm assuming it's in the back of teh engine bay, somewhere underneath)? and.... if its not the starter, what shuld we try next?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is what i know

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
My friend Mikey just bought a 92 Eclipse with front end damage, and supposedly all it needed was a radiator. We did not get a radiator yet, but we have been trying to start it and it won't do anything, not evevn turn over, and he just bought a brand new battery, so then we thought maybe the starter was out, so we tryed to roll start it, repeatedly, and not just pushin it, but pushin it with other cars. and we still got nothin..... The gas that's in it has been in it for about 2 yrs but that wouldn't keep it from starting up would it??? so I got 2 questions (cuz I'm more anxious to get it running than Mikey) where is the starter on a 92 Eclipse (we can't find it anywhere, I'm assuming it's in the back of teh engine bay, somewhere underneath)? and.... if its not the starter, what shuld we try next?
If it won't even turn over, sounds like a connection with the battery, make sure the ground is good, the positive is good.. Make sure the ground is connected to something UNPAINTED and possibly to the FRAME.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump- wee need help.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
ahh if the gas has been in there for 2 hole years its def bad. it should smell strange like varnash. try and drain as much as you can, no thats not your problem with it starting but that will cause some problems later down the road once you do get it to run..

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
this is what i know
hahah hhahahhahahhhah hahahha hh thats one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time. my new back ground FTW

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slammedSI said:
hahah hhahahhahahhhah hahahha hh thats one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time. my new back ground FTW
yea, i used to be in dsms and then i found out about crankwalk. i asked one of my dsm friends about it and he damn near cried.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wooo we got it runnin today, Iw as so happy. lol. we ciphered out all the old gas, and got new gas, then we ended up havin to jump it on a brand new battery. ain't that some s**t.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
crankwalk? is that where the crank moves from side to side or something?

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
...we ciphered out all the old gas...
You mean siphoned? :lol:

Anyway, congrats on gettin it running. :thumbs up

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wolfy said:

yea- you know how we roll it inda KY. I don't know how to spell s**t cuz no one here ever says stuff like it is suposed to sound. lol.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wolfy said:

Ouch.. Spelling/grammar corrections from a guy from 'Bama. :lol: ;) No hate Wolfy, just playing off the stereotype (my family is from Massachusetts and Texas if it makes you feel better lol.)

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey man- Kentucky grammar vs Alabama grammar? neither of em get high marks...... lol.