yellow fog lights illinois?

iwannacivicsi

I have a 00 civic ex and I want to get some fog lights for it. Is it illegal to have yellow fog lights in Illinois?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have them in my Fit and have never once had a problem. They are legal, some Lexus' even came with them from the factory.

iwannacivicsi

I have them in my Fit and have never once had a problem. They are legal, some Lexus' even came with them from the factory.
but if i put them on my car isnt that different. like putting hids on a car that didnt come with them stock lol do you see what im saying?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do believe IL has a couple of stipulations if they didn't come factory, tickets can be issued. Or at least that's how it was when I lived in IL 7 years ago.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're worried about it just make sure you get DOT approved bulbs like PIAA, that's what the problem is with aftermarket and retrofit HIDs.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're worried about it just make sure you get DOT approved bulbs like PIAA, that's what the problem is with aftermarket and retrofit HIDs.
And if you get PIAA, trust me you will love them. I absolutely love mine. They're pricey, but the output is phenomenal with them!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Their own website, ebay...use Google......sheesh.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yellow foglights are legal in all 50 states last time i checked. yellow headlights are not, however. i found that out the hard way... twice. the only colors allowed on the front of a vehicle are white and yellow/amber. technically, blue and purple and all of those other nonsense ricer colors are illegal