Yo. What's up, Clubcivic?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Lots of progress made. Nice job!
Thank you sir! I want to do more on her like getting rollcage, bunches of Kanjozoku stuffs but I have important things to take care of first. I'll make sure that I order Kanjozoku stuffs sometime maybe in couples of months?

Swapping tran gears are my main thing to focus on, I'm expecting to drive her in March, She have been sitting in the driveway since October last week. :(

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Soo..I couldn't resit to not order anything but.....

P.S- Dougshatch is my other username in other forums (D-series.org)

and there's 3 more stickers still in the delivery, I will post up picture once those 3 stickers arrive

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Okay here's a some update from earlier today. :thumbs up
I've been wanting to do "fender cut" to make it look bit more aggressive and track look and to save me $250 for those 2 "fender cut" that you can buy it off online

Of course I Measure it twice to make sure it's right

started to cutting it with metal cutter of course.

push the fender "cutting part" inward

Mocking up with the cardboard for fitment.

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Why, Yes I'm using gutter metal as the plate. :TU:

This is how the plate look like.

Put the plate on the inward fender part and it fits nice

All hooked up with rivets

Here how it look now with both plate installed

Decide to grab the fender and put it on to see how it look

*EDIT* I'm gonna do other side tomorrow, didn't have enough of Rivets and probably will get JB Weld or Bondo to make it look smooth and gonna shave the side moldings

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just wondering how come I couldn't post in builds/show offs archive?
Because it's an archive ;) When we restructured the forums a little while back, we took many of the old / dead build threads and made them read-only.

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
here's some quick update for today

Keep it as in your mind, doing bondo actually is my first time and I expect there to be some errors but in the end I think I did just okay.

I didn't take a picture of bottom part before sanding it

Second coat of bondo, Did repair some mistakes from first try, I hope this time will come out better than first one. For now I'm gonna let it sit more longer than what I did on first one.

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Well I've decide to go different routine on the fender cut, I wasn't feeling the rivets at all and decide to remove them and use jb weld instead. It's still not done but once it's done and it'll look much better

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
And my good friend came over to help me transfer dx gears on si transmission case, while he do that and he bring me this too..Bought it only for $200 and everything's apart. I'd need to buying stuffs to rebuilding them and they should cost me from range $300-$400 in the parts. Jdm H22a 10:6:1 compression...yes I'm going for all motor and possibly do H2B in my hatch

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Good call on ditching the rivets, just would not of looked good.
Right?! When I took rivets out, use jb weld and it looks good instant but yes it still doesnt look right because it isn't done. Didn't do any work on it today. Was helping dad cleaning around the garage and painting the walls. Should be finish with painting tomorrow and then I'll finish the fender and I'll start another fender tomorrow as well. Of course I will post up more pics and I'm still waiting for those 3 more stickers, they should be here from March 12 to April 12, 2 of stickers coming from japan and other one I'm not too sure where it comes from. :puppyeyes

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Time and money are what I need. Have a little of one and none of the other. Subaru s**t is damn expensive lol.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
here's lil update on fender cut.

Sanded down the jbwelds that sticks out of the fender from previous Rivets holes.

putting some more jbwelds on the corner where's the gaps are.

I'd say the outcome's much better and will sanding the jbwleds to make it smooth before putting bondo on tomorrow if the weather's nice day if not then I don't know when I'll be able to finish it up and also I'd need to buy 1 more jbwelds for other fender.

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
here another quick update from earlier today, Sanded and smooth out the JB Weld

Top fender part

Bottom fender part

and then putting Bondo on, Gonna sand and smooth it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
here's a update from today....

sanded down and smooth out the bondos

painted the fender cut part and put on the hatch

aaaaand of course THIS HAPPENED....lmao

*edit*-so at this point I don't know if I want to keep em and do work on the passenger side, Or just buy another fenders, dump the fenders cut and call it a day?

Last edited: