Yo. What's up, Clubcivic?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
cool.
you my friend have artistic vision
whats next
Thanks man, and to be honest replace whole weather strip would be my next thing to do, When it rains out and the water get inside trunk, front seats, doors and front window shield. :thumbdown:roll:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
well my transmission decide to go s**t on me again and I don't know when I'll get another transmission...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What happened? Lose some gears or can't shift or something?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
What happened? Lose some gears or can't shift or something?
To be honest the 4th gears went completely gone out of blue and 5th gears going out as well. I drove 40 mins to skatepark it was perfect fine and shifting like a butter, Rode there for 3 hours and then drove back home....the 4th gears just went completely gone and it grinds so bad when I tried to get in 4th....so I shift into 5th gear instead 4th and it grind a little but isn't that bad....and then it popped out by itself so literally I have to Hold down on 5th gears all way back home. 1,2,3 and R gears are perfect fine but not 4th and 5th. I might as well just buy "new" transmission for like $250ish? and then maybe I'll sell it to get truck so I can travel around with friends and loading the bike on the bed

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like a synchro issue. You can replace those, but those transmissions are pretty cheap - if you get a known good one you'd be all set. Just be careful where you source one from. Back in my early days here I bought a tranny off some guy who said no issues. Bought it, swapped it in... it would pop out of 5th constantly. :(

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Yeah I agree with you on that, I don't know cause I haven't take it out cause I don't have engine hoist and No I don't feel like to drop em and jacked up the car..the old ways lol. idk if you remember that I bought someone dx transmission for $80 and he said it only need throw out bearing which it were rusted, I took the case out and inspected the gears and synchro. they all looks great but the fork's broken and I was like what the f**k dude? -_-

So I'm thinking maybe go to JDM orlando to get me "NEW" transmission for like 250 to 320? I'm not too sure with the price but yeah hopefully it'll better.

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Took DX tran case out to inspect the gears and they looks good.
Been told the throw out bearing's bad but apparently throw out bearing and Input shaft bearing's bad as well.

but the fork's broke

I'm gonna have 1 of my good friend come over to inspected the trans to see if he's able to fix it and interchange forks and maybe FD from Si to Dx?

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
So today I went to Harbor Freight and buy me 1 ton engine hoist.

getting ready to unplugged everything and cleaned up the engine bay to remove the swap and paint the engine bay(black of course)

I'm kinda pissed off at that guy who did obd0-obd1 converted, he decide to run the wires to ecu from the tiny hole not the "harness hole" so I can't take the harness out to paint the engine bay..I wouldn't want to cut it and solder the wire in the right hole so I can take it out because I don't know how to soldering...lol

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good stuff (minus the wire issue)!

Keep us posted for updates! :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's..... yikes! :(

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
lmao right?! I was like dude what the f*ck is this man?! lol but that's alright tho.

Aaaaaand the heart's out!

I'd probably gonna do some cleaning and paint the bay tomorrow. I could do today but it's kinda windy out so the paint wouldn't be any good so Hopefully tomorrow gonna be really nice day.

Last edited:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice work, that bay is going to look awesome with some paint :headbang:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Nice work, that bay is going to look awesome with some paint :headbang:
Oh absolutely man! To be honest I hate looking at the current bay, they look dirty and hideous lmao. Gonna clean em up with purple power to remove some greases on subframe. Paint whole in black would save me a lot of time lol and it would pop out a lot with my gloss red apple valve cover. I might need to repaint the valve cover but don't know for sure, probably just cleaning it up instead.

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
For some reason I wanted to check the clutch disc, found out it wiggles a little and make clunk sounds so I took the clutch plate out, see no damages on the clutch disc but it seems old and beaten up from previous owner. I think I have XTD Stage 2 street clutch 6 puck. Does any one have any good or bad experience with XTD clutch?

Last edited:

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
okay here's some update..

Now I'm waiting on 1 of my friend to come over to help me swapping gears then I'll put the heart back in her...

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Making some quick progress on this. Bay looks good!