Yo. What's up, Clubcivic?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
My boy came back to soldering up the dizzy and wired up 2 gauges.

we bypass the vtec, it still doesnt pop a vtec so we suspected that I need o ring and dowell in middle of the head, I already order those so they should be here by 31th and hopefully I'll be able to pop a vtec and also the Oil pressure gauge read off, it read from 0-8 while its running which it supposed to be range in between 40-70?. It might be the reason from o ring/dowell if not the maybe my oil pump is weak?

any input on oil pressure reading issue?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I would def put a mechanical oil gauge on first to see if its the pump, could be the vtec prob all along. I would check it at the port by the filter and again at the head if the block press is good. Where did you mount the sender for the gauge?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
I would def put a mechanical oil gauge on first to see if its the pump, could be the vtec prob all along. I would check it at the port by the filter and again at the head if the block press is good. Where did you mount the sender for the gauge?

Hmm true that, I'll check that one later and we'll find out once I get Oring/dowell on 31th and hopefully that'd change. I mount the sender back of motor where the Oil plug is. Maybe because it isn't screw all way down? idk man but will def have it checked tomorrow during day time.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Its a whole jdm gsr right not a lsv? I think some had a filter in the hg but dont quote me.

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
just few random pics and new ACL race performance oil pump arrived other day.

Hopefully people will stop asking me if I'm sellin it....

ACL race performance oil pump

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Also picked those up for free. Vision cams gears and CTR pulley.
Before

After

And my good friend who gave me those ctr n cams gears, He wanted me to paint his 2 K series valve covers( Wrinkle red and Blue/purp)

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
updates without pictures...sorry lol

Anyway, My boy James came over yesterday to install oil pump, re-timing and new oil pan and now I'm getting a good Oil pressure on gauge. Which is a great thing but unfortunately vtec still isn't engage. So now we suspect its ecu issue since it's been bypass (VTEC) and still nothing...Hoping that I'll have someone lend me their ecu to see if vtec pop. Right now its p28 chipped basemap ITR, but idk if the guy disable oil switch when he "tune" the ecu, and also been told 3 of my caps blown and said it doesnt effect VTEC since it isn't related to VTEC.

OH! almost forgot to mention that MOMO steering wheel and hub came in other day, here's a picture!

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
How did you bypass vtec? Did you add a wire from the ecu to solenoid? Obd-0 to obd1 adapter?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
add wire from ecu to solenoid and "bridge"wire from wire to wire, It's been converted to obd1. Vtec solenoid make clicks sound when we tested it out with battery, everything hooked up which that would enable VTEC but nope we weren't success and spoke to my other friend n He said I'm betting its your ecu.

I also spoke to my other good friend and see if he'll be able to swing by to let me try out his P30 ecu to see if it able to pop a vtec, If it does then its my ecu's faulty...if it doesnt then Idk what to do next.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Iv seen but never done, you can use a 12v light wired into the vtec solenoid wiring as a test that your ecu is putting out the signal. Ground the light and the wire from the ecu to solenoid to + so when vtec is posta pop the light will light showing the ecu working or not. Dirty screen behind the solenoid will stop it from working. Still not a fan of you having no oil press so you changed the pump, did you cut a oil filter open to see if the motor is ok? Pull the plug on the side of the head and put a mechanical oil gauge in and make sure you have enough press to slide the pins. Also check the wire you added from the ecu to the solenoid for continuity that it dont have a break in it.

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
bought me a 2 new tires for 5zigen FN01, those 2 been plastidip to white, 2 others would need repair, on one rim there is bend and other one is crack, will get that fixed whenever I feel like...otherwise it looks good on my hatch.

Replaced anti roll end link bushing...

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Dig the wheels, im bias to white hatches lol. Whats the alu collars next to the endlinks, do i spy trac bars?

Deaf_Dougie

Respected
Thanks man! Planning on to get 2 other wheels fixed and yes I do have trac bar but unknown brand. It came with it when I first bought her.

I personally don't like white but this one growing on me and I love how she look, Sometime during warm-hot weather I'll start paint it as Kanjo theme. Pretty sure she'll look much better with kanjo theme paint job.