Yonaka update after 1 year and 30k miles

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
I've had my Yonaka on now for about a year or 30k miles as seen in the title. It still sounds great. However the axle back section is starting to rot a little and just recently I got a horrible exhaust leak. Turns out there is about 1/16-1/8 of an inch gap in the very front/bottom of the resonator. As if the can was only crimped onto the pipe and adapter. I'm a little disappointing at the quality but for $250 it sounds great.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it could be the environment you are in as well..im sure the reviews will be a bit different depending on which area you live such as by the ocean or not, if it snows in your area, or how heavily salted the roads are.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It still should last longer than a year...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's honestly exactly what I would expect from a $250 exhaust. 30k is a lot of miles for 12 months so some people will probably get a longer amount of time out of one but in the end you get what you pay for. A lot of people rave about Yonaka exhausts so it's interesting to hear a review like this after someone's put so significant miles on one.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U can buy an ebay muffler and have piping bent for it for about $250 and it will last a long time.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Im not really "disappointed" so to speak. Just a little surprised, I read all great reviews before I purchased it. Im not to concerned though because all I did spend is $250. I'm just going to weld it together again. The roads are legit white with salt even for an inch of snow. That is why my Talon hasn't left the garage since the first snow fall! haha
Just figured I'd post a review thats all.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
And don't get me wrong... I still LOVE this exhaust! :D
I don't want to dig at it at all. haha

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
While 30k miles in a year is a lot, it's still only a year and it's a stainless steel exhaust right? Doesn't seem too great to me. I had my full Magnaflow cat back on for about 6 years/50+k miles before it started having issues. Only major issue was with the muffler which the welds for the hangers feel apart. Just chopped the muffler and replaced it. The rest of the piping/resonator is completely fine. May have cost a bit more than the Yonaka but it's lasting a lot long it seems. And my car did see salted roads often.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
While 30k miles in a year is a lot, it's still only a year and it's a stainless steel exhaust right? Doesn't seem too great to me. I had my full Magnaflow cat back on for about 6 years/50+k miles before it started having issues. Only major issue was with the muffler which the welds for the hangers feel apart. Just chopped the muffler and replaced it. The rest of the piping/resonator is completely fine. May have cost a bit more than the Yonaka but it's lasting a lot long it seems. And my car did see salted roads often.
Yeah I totally agree. I had the full Magnaflow cat back on my 96 lx sedan and I loved it. Still great on the car to this day even though I don't have it anymore.

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
I'm sure your thoughts on the Yonaka will help someone out who is trying to decide on an exhaust. Two years ago that was me. Thankfully the Yonakas were out of stock then so I splurged on my WS2 catback. No regrets.:cool:

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Couldnt agree more, at the time I wasn't planning keeping it long enough to care haha oh well. I just wanted to lett everyone know my experience

emerican

Registered VIP
ive had mine for about the same amount of time and more miles and mines held up great and i beat the s**t out of mine.
no problems what so ever

hondavtec01

5+ Year Member
Does your S pipe/ mid pipe rattle against the car? Mine does and is horrible.I have a 1998 civic ex and the fit was supposed to be great and is installed correctly.