YOUR GIRL NEEDS HELP

KailaniW

I don’t know nothing about cars ok! Don’t kick my a** anywho I bought a 2004 Honda civic Dx I believe 4dr I want to basically turn my car into a more sporty looking car, like modern lol not looking old. I guess I have to change the body kid. But I’m working on the interior before I work on the outside !! Anyways guys, I want to change the whole inside I want to change the mph & all the other stuff “ gauges “ into glow ones like up to date can someone tell me what I should be searching because all I’m seeing are little light bulbs lol, then I have to manually roll my windows up I want to change it to where it’s a button can I do that? & where can I find rear seats? All I see are factory seats I don’t want those !! someone please help me I don’t know what I should be looking up or what I’m doing ! Lol I just know I want a sporty car

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You would have killed a NOPI or APC catalog back in the early 2000's LOL

The above site is still a good source for a ton of aesthetic parts.

KailaniW

You would have killed a NOPI or APC catalog back in the early 2000's LOL

The above site is still a good source for a ton of aesthetic parts.
I don’t even know what that is lol just uncomfortable with driving a old model car & it looking older just want to update it & make it look decent lol but thank you

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don’t know nothing about cars ok! Don’t kick my a** anywho I bought a 2004 Honda civic Dx I believe 4dr I want to basically turn my car into a more sporty looking car, like modern lol not looking old. I guess I have to change the body kid. But I’m working on the interior before I work on the outside !! Anyways guys, I want to change the whole inside I want to change the mph & all the other stuff “ gauges “ into glow ones like up to date can someone tell me what I should be searching because all I’m seeing are little light bulbs lol, then I have to manually roll my windows up I want to change it to where it’s a button can I do that? & where can I find rear seats? All I see are factory seats I don’t want those !! someone please help me I don’t know what I should be looking up or what I’m doing ! Lol I just know I want a sporty car
In my opinion, it's not worth the money or effort making a lot of those modifications. Those 7th gen Civic's (the year that you have) are kind of the bastard child of all the generations.

You can still make it look good, though. Rather than a body kit (those were popular in the late 90's and early 00's, so if you're trying to have a modern looking car, a body kit is not the way to go), look into a clean set of wheels, a front and rear lip (similar to a body kit but very subtle styling, easy to install), and possibly lowering the car a bit. The lowering reduces the gap between the wheel and fender, making it look "cleaner". The car will also handle a bit better.

Something like this:

Don't bother with glow gauges, again, those are early 00's style. If you want to change the style, I actually recommend replacing the bulbs with the color you prefer.

As for manual windows, it's possible, though not sure how easy it would be. And rear seats - there is not much for aftermarket options. You can probably swap out for something like rear RSX seats or something, but techincally those are factory seats.

If you're really looking for a sporty car though, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the 2004 Civic DX is not really a good platform for that. I am not saying that it can't be done, but as that Civic is already limited in aftermarket parts, it won't be as easy as other generations.