zccivicex's Project R-81

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
Zccivicex's JRSC Ej1

Bought this bone stock back in August of 2006

a few months later bought some slipstreams and tires.

after xams of 2006 into 2007 i bought some dropzone struts and coilovers

during the same winter i bought a seibon carbon fiber hood and trunk. (pic of the trunk)

then i bought a wwrs style lip and some konig heliums

decided the original paint wasn't gonna cut it anymore so i took it to the body shop.
driver side

pass. side

Now for the fun stuff!

pushed it outside to get a few pics and then pushed it back inside.

once all the snow melted i got it out for a few pics.

a few parts i got in while i waited on spring!

Oem belt moldings,roof moldings,door pillar covers, front bumper license plate caps,antenna block off, and some other misc. clips

ASR subframe brace

Oem floor mats

PIC polished control arms

my friend bought the konigs off me and i found a set of dtec q8's and picked them up for a decent price.

a few more pics before stuff gets serious!

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
One day im browsing honda-tech and i come across the shaved and tucked thread and i got bit by the bug! I decided against shaving the bay but i wanted to tuck as much as possible. It was still cold here in Indiana so i just started buying parts and letting them pile up!

PLM sidewinder header

PLM 2.5" adjustable test pipe

Password Jdm carbon fiber spoon style mirrors

Downstar Inc. Hardware

12" electric fan

coolant overflow

Innovative 75a mounts

As i was gathering parts i decided i wanted a nice valve cover and nothing rattle canned this time around so i hit up a friend that had all kinds of automotive paint left over from jobs and we mixed up some Nissan blue and some Chevy green to get this

I decided it was time to pull the motor and start work!!

after the first day.

Trying to get everything unclipped and off the firewall

I started sanding down the mounds of seam sealer and bad spots

After i got it where i wanted it i had my friend come out and spray primer from a gun.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
a few weeks later i got my friend to finally come out and spray it!

painted the subframe and brake lines black

painted the engine and trans black and added downstar hardware

just sat the mounts in to give me a idea what it would look like

then i started putting it back together

took my radiator to a friend that tig welds and had brackets welded on so that i could bolt my new overflow on.

couldn't get down with the old nasty hood cable so i ordered a new one from honda

ready for the road (2011)

Me and a friend drove to import alliance that year and i got a couple good pics on the way home.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from the year.

Soon winter was here again :(
STAY TUNED FOR THE 2012!!

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
As you all can tell i can't just leave things alone so winter of 2012 it started again!

some parts started rolling in!

flare tool and line bender

all in fab. booster delete plate

downstar inc. brake tuck fittings

edelbrock performer x intake manifold

checkered sports shift knob

started pulling the dash...deleting the heater core,a/c boxes and all the srs stuff.

Xmas time came around so the funds went low for a little while but my wife came through with some good parts for me!

adj. upper control arms

checkered sports hub adapter

Momo monte carlo steering wheel (350mm)

bdl polished fuel rail

after funds built back up a little i started getting a few more pieces to the puzzle.

All in fab. tucked radiator (one is my friends)

All in fab. 50cal dipstick.

Wire-Worx engine harness (pic was sent from xaiver while he was still working on it)

Got the intake manifold powdercoated black and got all the parts installed on it.

fast idle valve delete

Came across a great deal on this wilwood brake setup and i couldn't pass it up!

ordered a j's racing teal shaved valve cover from CNS (horrible customer service-took 3 months)

hit up Raul from checkered sports (great customer service) for one of his new fuel pressure gagues

After swapping to the edelbrock intake i didn't like how the intake tube fit b/c the edelbrock angles the throttle body so i hit up Greg from go-autoworks again and he had me covered (great customer service)

This is how she looks for 2012!

I'm pretty happy with it at this point i still plan to respray the bay over this coming winter to freshin it up a little

Now back to getting the interior together

I got tired of the Sir cluster so i hit up Xavier from wire-worx again for his plug and play s2k wiring harness! (by far the best guy in the business)

i bought a big sheet of ABS plastic and cut out a bezel for the cluster and you can also see the steering wheel installed with the hub.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
not into the hella flush look but i wanted a little something so i ordered some 5mm spacers

as of Monday i finally got off my lazy ass and started putting the wilwood setup on

out with the old

in with the new (spacer on)

wheel back on

I let the license plate expire on it since i haven't had it on the street since last year and last night i figure what the hell and ordered a custom plate! 

July 2012
for the first time this year i got the coupe out! Went straight to the car wash!

August 2012
got a little something in from honda today!

.I hit up Wire-worx (xavier) and got his s2k plug and play s2k push button kit! Perfect like everything I've bought from him so far!

Interior pic.
got a good interior pic today.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
October 2012.
This is how the car sits as of right now.

Just picked these up 2 weeks ago! I'm going to have to put in extended studs and run a spacer to be able to get these on tho :(

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love the work wire-worx does but i wish all in fab had a site for prices.

how much was your radiator and what did you do on your upper rad hose to make that work? any closer up pics? im about to jump into this myself

CJBankai

you put some work in to that looks amazing! i'm looking forward to grabbing a few things from wire worx soon myself

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
Dude looks sick, gives me some inspiration for mine.
Thanks man lots of money and time go into these cars its nice to have people say something good every once in a while!
Gorgeous!
Thanks ;)

i love the work wire-worx does but i wish all in fab had a site for prices.

how much was your radiator and what did you do on your upper rad hose to make that work? any closer up pics? im about to jump into this myself

I bought the radiator used from a local guy that used it for about 1,000 miles for a steal! I used a stock lower hose and cut it to make it fit perfect! Here is about the best picture i have of the radiator.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DUSTIN!!!! Car looks really good man. Nice to see your build thread finally

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So fresh and so clean, clean!

Can't wait to see what's next

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is the filler neck welded in or just clamped inline i guess would of been a better question. ive seen some people get custom thermostat housings made but i feel like there is a easier and better way

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
DUSTIN!!!! Car looks really good man. Nice to see your build thread finally
Thanks man. glad to be on a forum that has a little bit of traffic lol
So fresh and so clean, clean!

Can't wait to see what's next
Child you know its getting cold around here again so that just means more parts to stack!

is the filler neck welded in or just clamped inline i guess would of been a better question. ive seen some people get custom thermostat housings made but i feel like there is a easier and better way
Its welded...All in fab made this as well. There isn't alot they won't do lol

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't normally care for 5th gen coupes but this one is amazing! Keep it up.