Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i first got my black EJ8, im like, nobody wants to steal an automatic EX. I also had some SI rims but no wheel locks.....

all my friends were like dude, ur car is gonna get stolen.. i didnt think so.. but one day i was bored so i put a fuel cut switch cuz i cheaped out and didnt wanna put an alarm....

the next week my car got broken into, my steering column got smashed and they tried to steal it.....
but guess what, they didnt find the fuel cut switch...

after i got the steering column fixed, i put on the club, which i know is useless, but it is one more thing they got to get past to steal my car. i got the Clifford Pager Alarm , McGard Wheel Locks, and i added a few more switches into that fuel cut circuit...

and u kno what, im still scared shitless that someone is gona jack my car.....

another piece of advice that someone gave me that is usefull is that " security devices are best when layered" and that is absolutely true.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
until you find out that the person that owned the car just had an Si cluster in there like me :rolf:

im not even afraid of my car getting stolen. rarely even lock my doors and ive never had anyone so much as give my car a second glance...
why not? do you know how much money i could easily make off of you car?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xenoicity said:
oh yeah, and before i got my car lowerd i put barbed wire and a few razor blades in the wheel well by the hood release.
Ok that's just pyscho :shock:

:lol:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
why not? do you know how much money i could easily make off of you car?
Especially now that we know you hardly lock your doors :lol:

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xenoicity said:
when i first got my black EJ8, im like, nobody wants to steal an automatic EX. I also had some SI rims but no wheel locks.....

all my friends were like dude, ur car is gonna get stolen.. i didnt think so.. but one day i was bored so i put a fuel cut switch cuz i cheaped out and didnt wanna put an alarm....

the next week my car got broken into, my steering column got smashed and they tried to steal it.....
but guess what, they didnt find the fuel cut switch...

after i got the steering column fixed, i put on the club, which i know is useless, but it is one more thing they got to get past to steal my car. i got the Clifford Pager Alarm (backup battery hidden, 4 shock sensors, glass breakage sensors, and dual tilt sensors) , McGard Wheel Locks, and i added a few more switches into that fuel cut circuit...

oh yeah, and before i got my car lowerd i put barbed wire and a few razor blades in the wheel well by the hood release.

and u kno what, im still scared shitless that someone is gona jack my car.....

another piece of advice that someone gave me that is usefull is that " security devices are best when layered" and that is absolutely true.
:werd:

other people think that because their car is auto it wont get stolen... Guess what thieves arent trying to re-sell your car as a whole.;)

Im glad your security stopped them..

Thieves are gonna get a nice surprise when they take mine.. :twisted:

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a clifford alarm with a backup battery, hidden kill switch and best of all http://www.autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm a buddy of mine has had his 2000gsr broken into three times, they pop the steering colum but gave up when they ran into the auto lock. Think the only way it's coming off is if you have a cutting torch,

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
I agree with everything...especially that part :thumbs up

With a quick glance at the instrument cluster even the noobiest of thieves can tell an Si from an EX.

You should try having a GS-R....:roll: You know the very second that I drop the comprehensive policy to save a few bucks that thing'll get stolen:roll:
I don't agree. I think to a lot of theives... a Civic is a Civic. I mean, having a B-series in it would be cool... but a lot of theives don't have the means to even remove an engine. With the numbner of swapped Civics out there... why just want to steal cars that come stock with a B-series? Start looking for very clean, "JDM" modified hatchbacks and coupes in particular and there's a good chance you're going to find a swap of some sort.

You're going to have some theives who have all the tools and all the knowledge... And you're going to have some theives, like mine, who are just some idiot high school tweakers who maybe one of their big brothers showed them how to break into a car.
05 said:
ture, i had my stock looking automatic d-series 98 stolen, that was a surprise
:werd:
Stock looking EX coupe (Milano Red) parked tail out and it was stolen. All it had was tint on the rear windows and GSR blades. Oh, and foglights (they really didn't care about that though).

I've heard theories that my out of state plate might have increased my chance of having it stolen. I'm not sure why though. Maybe that it's asumed I know less of the risk in the area, etc.
LongGrain said:
until you find out that the person that owned the car just had an Si cluster in there like me :rolf:

im not even afraid of my car getting stolen. rarely even lock my doors and ive never had anyone so much as give my car a second glance...
I have an idea that might have more to do with the area you live in. My car could sit outside with the windows down all night in Dover, DE... and no one would mess with it. Here, well, I have people hanging out car widows staring at it (I s**t you not).
xxsenceo89x said:
What about someone with a tow truck? I heard from one of the kids on clubrsx that if you park facing towards a fence or wall that it was harder to tow away cuz its fwd. fact or fiction?
If they have a tow truck they probably have the little wheel dollies too. They can move it. It's all abotu if they want yours bad enough though.
96 DX Hatch said:
Only helps if you leave it in gear while you park. And even if you do, I don't think they'd think twice about pulling it in gear just enough until the front is out in the open and the can attach the truck to the front wheels
They're stealing your car... there's a high chance they dont care about smashing your window, alarm or not. Towing it in gear would make about as much noise (and it's more likely to get peopel to look outside too) as your alarm might make if smashing a window sets it off.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what about locking hood pins so they cant get into the engine bay?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
what about locking hood pins so they cant get into the engine bay?
That was number 5 on post one.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
That was number 5 on post one.
haha didnt see that. so that means they wont be able to disconnect the battery? anyone know where i can buy black locking hood pins?

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just want to check and see if what I currently have pretty decent or should I invest in more security.

Insurance is full coverage which includes my mod's example carbon hood, rims, system.

Shift lock which is welded to the chassis of the car (this is the multi lock which holds the shifter in gear when you park the car.)

Avitar security system with a pager with hella air horns and a strobe kit with a police siren.

cut off switch which I customly made so no shop can know the location of the switch.

Clutch club ( the club but just hold the clutch pedal up)

Is this decent or should I be looking for more ?

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
I just want to check and see if what I currently have pretty decent or should I invest in more security.

Insurance is full coverage which includes my mod's example carbon hood, rims, system.

Shift lock which is welded to the chassis of the car (this is the multi lock which holds the shifter in gear when you park the car.)

Avitar security system with a pager with hella air horns and a strobe kit with a police siren.

cut off switch which I customly made so no shop can know the location of the switch.

Hey where did you get your shift lock??? BTW it sounds like you have a really safe setup there man.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:

sounds really good

i know you already know this but since your NYC.. Thieves ARE[/B trying to get your car.. Ask anyone on b20vtec. they will all tell you the same thing. Garage that thing]

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im gonna start doin' my immobilizer switch this week...

you can prolly find locking hoodpins off of eBay. I might be looking into that as well...

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2nedhnda said:
Hey where did you get your shift lock??? BTW it sounds like you have a really safe setup there man.
I got it installed at a auto body shop installed for $275.

Yeah I garage it all the time. I always get offers for it but I can read people and it's just to see what I have. I take different routes home all the time and I have a police siren hooked up which is 120 db's illegal but if it stops the person so be it. That s**t is so loud it hurts my ears. kinda sounds like a urrrgggggg urrggggg but hundred times louder. For those who pasted thru NY and heard the cops use it it's loud.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Dont_Tri said:
Ikinda sounds like a urrrgggggg urrggggg but hundred times louder
How'd that go? lol sorry I love sound effects and love it more when I make them and someone looks at me and say "How'd that go one more time?"

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
from what i hear it helps to turn your wheels all the way to one side when you park and leave it in gear so thats its harder to tow if thats the thiefs way of stealing, also another thing that helps is to replace all the screws holding up the ingnition cover will random allen screws, cause most theieves will just have a philips head with them, and i have a few questions...

1) i've asked before but got mixed responses...does turning the steering wheel until it locks help if they try to hotwire your car?

2) how much would it cost for a spare battery/siren and to have a shop hook them up?

3) if someone steels your car and you have wheel locks, whats the chances they can take them off?

4) are car covers helpful? or do they just attract more attention?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
from what i hear it helps to turn your wheels all the way to one side when you park and leave it in gear so thats its harder to tow if thats the thiefs way of stealing, also another thing that helps is to replace all the screws holding up the ingnition cover will random allen screws, cause most theieves will just have a philips head with them, and i have a few questions...
They just rip that cover off. They don't even unscrew them. And even if they did, they could bust into it anyway. They don't care if they damage your car. Also, I touched on towing above. It also dawns on me that most theives with a tow truck probably have a flatbed and not a sling or stinger.
Suanico said:
1) i've asked before but got mixed responses...does turning the steering wheel until it locks help if they try to hotwire your car?
They have to lock it anyway in order to break it. So in reality, you're doing a little extra which might even be helping them.
Suanico said:
2) how much would it cost for a spare battery/siren and to have a shop hook them up?
Can't help you here. I imagine prices vary on what siren and also by what business you try to buy one from.
Suanico said:
3) if someone steels your car and you have wheel locks, whats the chances they can take them off?
Most wheels locks at least you can just hammer a lug wrench over them and get them off anyway.
Suanico said:
4) are car covers helpful? or do they just attract more attention?
I don't know about everyone else, but I took a poll of my house and 2 out of 2 agree that they attract more attention if the car is parked outside (as compared with in a garage).