k20a3 swap

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
now from a different point of view, in my opinion, the k20a3 isnt a bad engine. its better than a d17, stock for stock, thats for sure. now with boost, im pretty sure it could also handle alot more power as well.
you basically just took every post i made in this thread and paraphrased it. i suggest supercharger though.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all I know is, I freaking hated my ep3 so much because of that motor. I got like 22mpg

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you basically just took every post i made in this thread and paraphrased it. i suggest supercharger though.
yea pretty much, i had to rephrase and ask the question in my own words, just to make sure i had the correct info. im a noob with k-series, although i have alot of friends that drive rsx's ;P

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all I know is, I freaking hated my ep3 so much because of that motor. I got like 22mpg
That's your fault not the cars.

And if he wants to SC the A3 he has to go with the EP3 swap. Something different with the base RSX A3 won't allow a S/C to be mounted, think it's the power steering pump (EP3 has electric power steering).

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'm pretty sure u can swap the ep3 pulley on any k-series.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just get an k20a2 or k20z1. Cheaper and not shity vtec, plus if u wanted to go all motor on those engines, it would be easier on a daily driver. That way u need to spend money on a turbo kit

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea ive seen a few supercharged ep3s, but none of them is running over 9lbs.. i guess thats all they need for the little hatches..

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you arent gonna see many supercharged hondas at all running over 9lbs.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea thats true.. i only seen 1 rsx-s running 12lbs making a little over 400whp

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea its a pretty baddass ride

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a guys i have another question to ask you, can i put on a d16 or d15 greddy turbo kit on a d17, it looks the same and is it possible to do? please let me know guys

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a guys i have another question to ask you, can i put on a d16 or d15 greddy turbo kit on a d17, it looks the same and is it possible to do? please let me know guys
Don't think the exhaust manifold is the same, could be wrong though.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lots of good info in this thread.
noobish question, but wouldnt a turbo kit make more power than a supercharger?

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Both can make the same amount, it's where they make it and how that's the biggest difference.

Turbo's are the main choice for big numbers though.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think boost would be a little more reliable than supercharger when you see high numbers..

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
guess what guys i have a freind that put a greddy d series turbo kit on a d17 and it fits right on had to do some things to make it fit but i will take pics of them and post it on here, i had a feeling that it would fit our cars, so that means if that fits our cars we can put d series headers from a good company on our cars other then dc sports and megan racing

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'd definately look into a type S head swap, It couldn't be that much different b/c you can just bolt up the k20 heads to the k24 block, what is a k20 head to a k20 block gonna hurt even if the k20a3 has i-vtec(e) lolz.

gay ass k20a3 and its wannabe vtec, It is more like vtec-e than it is vtec.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if it were me this is what i would do.

sell the k20a3 to someone silly enough to buy one (if u bought it, some one else probably will). You might even make a profit. be a good friend and split the profit with the friend u bought it from....hopefully karma will help u throughout this build.

buy an a2 swap from Corsport for $4k shipped and swap it in in stock form. then regroup and come up with some funds/plans.