good books?

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for all the bookworms on the forums, i was looking for some good suggestions for a new book to read, i have some money to blow at a borders so figure why not get a good book? call me crazy i know. thanks in advnace

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha the lst two times i went to borders i spent over $80 each time. fun times! (all on books. :P)

good books? what kind of books do you like?

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have an amazing book. it's called. guns, germs and steel by jared diamond. pretty good stuff.

ann coulter's two newest books are great if that's ur cup of tea.

as far as fiction goes, i'd suggest wise guy by nicholas pileggi. it's the story from goodfellas. the godfather book is a great read too.

if u haven't touched theses, i'd also suggest the stranger by camus and the metamorphosis by franz kafka, although they may depress u. i won't lie.

gl in ur search.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A Million Little Pieces and My Friend Leonard by James Frey are both great books. Anything by Chuck Palahinuk is great. I just got finished reading Choke and it was different and really well written.

wiggi

sold his civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not too sure if its government, but i planning to read that book I Am America ( And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert. I heard its pretty good

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Johnny Got His Gun - good book

or if you wanna get started on a series, pickup the Initial D manga vol 1-whatever you can afford. Definatly good stuff. The story line is quite interesting as well. I have 1-24, but i believe through 30 is out currently.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's some books that'll get your mind going:

Rene Descartes - Meditations on First Philosophy

David Hume - An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding

Jerry A. Fodor - Hume Variations

Hatchet is a good book as well.

If you like fictional stories, check out "the Boxcar children" series. Those are great reads.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ Lol. at hatchet and boxcar children...great times...i loved reading those books...when i was in 2nd grade...(hatchet was 5th or 6th). but it's still a good book.

if u want a good read, try war & peace or crime & punishment. i loooooveeee russian literature.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
crime and punishment was an amazing book, did you know they have books on torrent sites hahahah wow....

J-Tizzle

5+ Year Member
Slash by Slash is a great book. If you like interesting reads, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins or Americas Secret War by George Friedman. If you like read alot or have the time, HIstory of Madness by Michel Foucault is damn good read.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not too sure if its government, but i planning to read that book I Am America ( And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert. I heard its pretty good

It's pretty damn funny, but you'll be finished with it in no time. Basically his show in a book.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the cocain years, clockwork orange

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'd have a couple dozen suggestions if you were a girl. :lol:

if you want to try something in the paranormal genre... charlie huston's joe pitt series is interesting. modern day vampires (and not the sexy fanservice type) and other such fantasy creatures in a crime/mystery type of setting. really violent. they're a bit short, though, if you're a fast reader. he has other series, too, but i haven't read them.

http://www.pulpnoir.com/ is his website.

the last book thread we had totally failed. we had posted short reviews and stuff, too. :(