5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
-of mice and men
-lord of the flies

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the hobbit is ftmfw. i couldn't even get into fellowship. like we needed 50 freaking pages of stupid hobbit banter.

i'm a little shocked to see that a lot of you like... i dunno... high school required reading type stuff. :lol: i'll take my wonderful world of fantasy, thaaaaaaank you. :thumbs up
Thing is, all my time by myself is usually surfing the net and video games so it's hard to get into books. Most of my reading has been for school. Of the dozens I've had to read in high school college w/e, those were my favorites. I liked The Great Gatsby because if I could live in any other time period, it would be the 20's in Long Island if I were rich. I liked Old Man and the Sea because Santiago reminds me of my grandfather. Ender's Game was just a really fun read with a cool ending and Card paints his scenes well. And the Hobbit, well need I say anything?

I guess it's hard to try new books cause if they suck, I feel like I wasted time, ya know?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm almost done with my reread of order of the phoenix... :thumbs up
wow.. my girlfriend wants the whole book AND movie collection for christmas.. but i see no point in buying it for her since theres going to be another sequal to it ;P

hop-1

5+ Year Member
Edmond huh. you go to uco? I really couldn't get into 1984. It lulled me to sleep every time I read it. The whole word destruction and censorship didn't really surprise me or enchorage me to read. In saying that A lot of people I tell that too think I am crazy. Oh yeah a must read is Cather in the Rye by Sallinger. It is my favorite book. Holden caufield is a wonderful piss ant.
no i go to OCCC. community college FTW!!
i read animal farm over the summer got into orwell a little bit

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow.. my girlfriend wants the whole book AND movie collection for christmas.. but i see no point in buying it for her since theres going to be another sequal to it ;P
not for another year, though. i'd like to have all the books in hardcover myself.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not for another year, though. i'd like to have all the books in hardcover myself.
f**k the books, id rather just have the movies.. saves you time from reading through that encyclopedia

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just buy magazines dude, but for reals...harry potter books are really good, coming from someone who f**ken hates to read unless its a college text book

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**k the books, id rather just have the movies.. saves you time from reading through that encyclopedia
i'm sorry, but the movies suck complete ass compared to the books, except the first two. those are exactly like the books, but starting with the prisoner of azkaban, they start leaving too much s**t out.

i ranted all god damn day about order of the phoenix. i felt like that was a waste of 25 bucks for that DVD, which i why i just reread the book. it's so good. rowling is an amazing world builder. every setting is detailed without being boring or monotonous, and the characters and story are highly developed. the movie totally failed in showing their development. totally... failed.

if i were to write a lengthy book and someone asked if they could make a movie... i think i'd tell them no. i wouldn't want to see my material ruined like that.

anyways... rant over! :lol: