Boosted Em2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hxrxld

5+ Year Member
Does anyone think boosting an Em2 with a stock 1.7 non vtec single cam is worth it?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No

Hxrxld

5+ Year Member
How about if I keep my block, put an d17 ex vtec head and then boost?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about if I keep my block, put an d17 ex vtec head and then boost?
I wouldn't bother. Maybe just find a D17A2 and boost that. They are less than $1000.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't waste your time or hard earned money. Buy a better platform car or swap in a K and boost =)

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save for a k series, unless you have little bit of money get a d17a2 for like 500 or so, and turbo it with the right parts, and your set, just wondering? do you already have a turbo kit?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The D17 motor is pretty much worthless. Dont get me wrong, there are a few people out there who have some killer D17's which I respect. The main purposeof the D17 is to save gas. My dad's got a 03 LX, and gets 45mph all day long. So....like said before. Either swap car platforms, or swap in a K motor.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
d17a2 is lame

the d17a1 is pretty worthless

as far as performance goes.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
depends on the consitency of my cash flow, i was just about to buy a k series last week, but i decided to keep my money for some other parts, maybe i'll get a seat

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can make far more power if you take that 6k and put it in the motor you already have. for 6K i can prolly push 500 WHP easily on the D motor. you would spend 6k to get the K into your car. then only have 200 HP? f**k that! for half the price you could make 250WHP on the D all day long and whip any K swapped 7th gen out there. that just has the motor in the car.

believe me... i know from experienc having the only real D17 boosted on this site.

everyone here talks s**t all day on the D17. line em up... ill take it on.
fact of the matter is.. the D17 is the best D series motor ever made. it has roller rockers, higher compression, makes the most power from the factory of any D seires

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can make far more power if you take that 6k and put it in the motor you already have. for 6K i can prolly push 500 WHP easily on the D motor. you would spend 6k to get the K into your car. then only have 200 HP? f**k that! for half the price you could make 250WHP on the D all day long and whip any K swapped 7th gen out there. that just has the motor in the car.

believe me... i know from experienc having the only real D17 boosted on this site.

fact of the matter is.. the D17 is the best D series motor ever made. it has roller rockers, higher compression, makes the most power from the factory of any D seires
your kind of right, but it sucks for people that live in california, because you have to have legal s**t, i would turbo my d17a2 but if i get pulled over its gunna suck, k20 all motor i can do that, but for him maybe he should turbo his d17 plus hes gunna save a s**t load of money,

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k Cali's car laws! I love the state, but the car laws suck.

ALL MOTOR EM2

Nlsk
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I dont think you would be whooping up on my EM2.. And its all motor. Im pretty sure I would take your D17. Im also only into my Kswap 5k... With everything. K-pro, Transmission, Axles, ETC

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think you would be whooping up on my EM2.. And its all motor. Im pretty sure I would take your D17. Im also only into my Kswap 5k... With everything. K-pro, Transmission, Axles, ETC
i said stock......just the motor. im not talking about anyone who put any other money into the motor. clearly from your claim in your profile you have 279 HP thats not from the factory that way. you added something.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

:word:
if you want a k its almost cheaper just to go buy the car it comes with

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn..... i guess im asking too much for mine. 2800 for a full one with engine management and two sets of injectors and 2 FMIC. same Dezod turbo kit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.