Not open for further replies.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how come his only made 164 hp?
no idea.. he actually has a better turbo than me. maybe he only ran the 5 psi that the kit was tested for. on an automatic. i ran 12 psi and made 240 164 sounds like only 5psi.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no idea.. he actually has a better turbo than me. maybe he only ran the 5 psi that the kit was tested for. on an automatic. i ran 12 psi and made 240 164 sounds like only 5psi.
true the auto tranny can handle that much

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the D17 makes the most power out of D series motors stock, then how come both the a2 and the y8 make 127hp and 107tq? Id rather have a D16 than a D17, due to aftermarket support.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
240 hp turbo d > 200hp k

3000 > 6000

with the extra money you could build the d series block/head.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the D17 makes the most power out of D series motors stock, then how come both the a2 and the y8 make 127hp and 107tq? Id rather have a D16 than a D17, due to aftermarket support.
i have higherdisplacement, higher compression and make my hp quicker than you

and the a2 gets 45 mpg....

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats only cause the 7thgen is just starting to get more popular
more kids are getting them so i think more support will be coming soon

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whos they?

please dont post if you know nothing about a 7th gen civic. just because you own a SI doesnt make you knowledgeable enough to tell a person who owns a completely different car what to do.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what about individual throttle bodies, i know no one makes them for our cars but i know there's a set up u can put togeather with CBR rr ITB's on d series engines?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itbs arent impossible... there just isnt any room for them. you would need a crazy setup to make it work.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we all have. itbs on a K is very common. but were talking ITBs on a D17.

02blkvic

5+ Year Member
i say just turbo it like snake_shit said...my d17 is turboed and ive beat b-series swapped hatches and turbo d16's all day and im only at 6psi! i acctually bought my manifold and downpipe from him...

Status
Not open for further replies.