anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JK2 was awesome! i highly enjoyed that game.... now i feel like playing old school dark forces

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
time to revive this.. just started playing ffxii a couple days ago
i can't rant enough about that game. f**king hate it. :angryfire

i haven't played anything for a while. i have yet to finish assassin's creed, oblivion, folklore, and enchanted arms, all on the PS3.

last game i completely was DMC4.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i can't rant enough about that game. f**king hate it. :angryfire

i haven't played anything for a while. i have yet to finish assassin's creed, oblivion, folklore, and enchanted arms, all on the PS3.

last game i completely was DMC4.
i've been enjoying it so far... the gameplay is very fun and rather intuitive.. i've already been majorly exploiting the gambit system... i can leave my guys sitting around while i afk and i'll return to them a few levels higher lol... it feels like an mmo, which is what i'm familiar with, so it works out real well...

i just got back from king raithwall's tomb and.. well... 20 levels and characted development has been minimal. even character relationships are minimal... WHERE IS MY f**king LOVE STORY?!?!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and that's precisely why i hate it. it's like a MMO. i f**king HATE IT. i read that FFXIII's battle engine will be similar to XII and i'm PISSED. the story and graphics better be f**king phenomenal or i'm giving up final fantasy after XIII.

anf, there is no love story, period. none. i think this is the first FF to be lacking in that department.

i just hated it. everything about it. i couldn't even finish it. they tried to make it an ensemble deal instead of having a main hero and heroine, and they FAILED MISERABLY. vaan is dumb, balthier is the coolest f**ker in that game, and he gets like... no story. of course, NONE of them have a story. the WHOLE GAME lacks a story! ooooh, princess in disguise leads a rebellion to get her kingdom returned to her. HOW f**king CLICHE.

this was the WORST follow up to the awesome complexity of X and X-2, seriously. i don't care if X-2 was girly, those two games combined were about the most epic final fantasies ever. you were awarded in totally kickass ways for going through the sidequests (like having yuna's summons hit 99,999 oh YES), and it was, imo, the best and most complex romance of the series to date.

the gambits are dumb. talk about taking all skill out of the game. i want real RPGs back. i don't want to even have the option to have the game run a battle, i want to choose what i want and have a bit more strategy to it, and i want my true turn based system back, god dammit. XII was still turn based, they just let you run around while your s**t was charging. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

i get a lot of s**t from one of my efriends... because i don't want RPGs to basically become action games. there's nothing wrong with an adventure RPG like mass effect, i loved that game, but to f**k with the things that make final fantasy a final fantasy... it's just WRONG. they're taking away what's always been a great turn based system, and a final fantasy without romance is just blasphemy. it doesn't even feel like a FF!

i'm clearly angered at the way gaming is going these days. :lol:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
aye... imho, this probably should've been marketed as an FFCC, not a true numbered FF game... i do like the MMO feel of it, but i certainly don't want every final fantasy to be like this. i really do miss turn based battle... back when it was safe to pass out while playing FF

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
falling asleep and waking up to your game is totally ftw. :lol:

i even liked random battles. i'm sure that was a chief complaint... but i think that's part of what makes it final fantasy... though that's just a smaller complaint.

ugh, MMOs... grrrr... GRR. i agree, this shouldn't have been a numbered final fantasy, but they shouldn't have given FFXI a number, either. it just should have been FF online.

when i feel like spending 70 bucks on a PS2 game, i'm going to pick up digital devil saga. as far as i know, it's everything that final fantasy used to be, with true turn based battle and everything. i can find the digital devil saga 2 everywhere, but the first is hella rare. :angryfire that's the game i want to play most at the moment... but i find it hard to justify spending so much on a PS2 game.

i paid that much to get intelligent qube once before. :lol:

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just finished Devil May Cry 4. f**kin awesome game.

Now I think I should finish Half Life 2: Episode 1 and 2.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now I think I should finish Half Life 2: Episode 1 and 2.
Yes you should. Thats my favorite game series, by far. You should play portal too...not a whole lot of story, but a really good puzzle game, and it has that half life feel to it. I hope they expand on it.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you know what i really want to play, that was supposed to be on the PS3, then cancelled, then supposedly going back to it again... is beautiful katamari.

katamari damacy kicks ass!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i wanna try that so bad... i've heard so much about it lol... wonder if it's on sale at eb

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there's three of them. katamari damacy, we love katamari, and beautiful katamari. PS2 for the first two, and xbox360 for the last.

i found mine used at a gamestop locally, and they had we love katamari, too. i had to call every stinking gamestop to find one, though. you could just get it online, that'd be easy, if you don't mind waiting.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mainly playing COD4 on 360.
Paper mario on the Wii.
Also Beautiful Katamari on 360.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
there's three of them. katamari damacy, we love katamari, and beautiful katamari. PS2 for the first two, and xbox360 for the last.

i found mine used at a gamestop locally, and they had we love katamari, too. i had to call every stinking gamestop to find one, though. you could just get it online, that'd be easy, if you don't mind waiting.
i've waited a couple of years already, i can wait longer lol... i just dunno if i wanna pay for it right now though... i got other things i need to pay for. first of the month's comin up

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hrmm..my mains are

world of warcraft (wow)
smashbrothers brawl ( wii )
assassins creed (xbox360)
but majority of the time i play wow

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i wish i had a wii.. i want one, though i know i wouldn't play it very much.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

FTW

anfrey

OG スバリスト