10+ Year Member
In all categories except cost and ease of swap it's going to be B16

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b16 but GET THE LSD!!! That is what my car had and it was great.

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you wanna talk about power then ya it would be a B16, but then ur also gotta figure in the couple hundred for mounts, axels, and shiftlinkage... also the b16 swap cost quite a bit more than the zc also, so your over a grand more easily just in the cost of the swap.... Ive had my zc for quite some time and i wouldnt change that.... their cheap, got decent power for what they are and most are reliable..... I know this thread is over but i just hate seeing zc's get bashed lol

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you wanna talk about power then ya it would be a B16, but then ur also gotta figure in the couple hundred for mounts, axels, and shiftlinkage... also the b16 swap cost quite a bit more than the zc also, so your over a grand more easily just in the cost of the swap.... Ive had my zc for quite some time and i wouldnt change that.... their cheap, got decent power for what they are and most are reliable..... I know this thread is over but i just hate seeing zc's get bashed lol
nobody is bashing the zc, we just think the b16 is a little better =)

Breaking Point

5+ Year Member
wat are u smoking?must be something reallly good to have u saying statements like that
lol naw cant smoke in the rescue squad haha. but if you put a stock 4th gen prelude agaisnt a stock or milly modded rsx type-s that the k series come from, the lude wins every time by a longshot, my h22 has 190k on it & craps all over them. every k20 civic racing an h22 civic i see the h22 wins, i-vtec stays in vtec where as the h22 gets that little hello at the end when vtec kicks in, people dont seem to know much abou the h-series, not trying to bash or say you know nothing, but people underestiamte those motors, they have almost the same power as any k series

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree that they are a little underestimated, but if I had a choice, I'd choose the k20. A guy in my local car club had an eg with a h22 swap and that thing was a little speedster!

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
turbo charged dohc zc. lol.. you would have less money in that.. with a diy turbo kit then you would swapping a b16 with 150 something crank hp. the dohc is a direct bolt in, add maybe 25 more lbs to the front and come with 130hp, and about the same amount of torque that a b16 has lol.. plus you have the dohc tuning possibility's. either way.. how deep your pockets are and if your a fan boy depicts what engine you choose.. i like my motors like i like my breasts, D are always better then B's lol.. nahh i just kidding.. either way.. what ever you choose.. your going to be dedicated lol. choose wisely..

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b16 but GET THE LSD!!! That is what my car had and it was great.
yeah! get that acid! oh wait, wrong forum, jk. yeah a b16 wit factory LSD rocks, but if you buy an aftermarket, your sure to be happy! my buddies crx has the SIR b16 in it with factory lsd, blew that out after that turbo went in, got a good no name off ebay for 500, an to this day it can take more of a beating that the factory one would ever take. and the ZC isnt known for making big power numbers, i mean Chaos has a great running for him, well, once it turns out that everything runs better. But like everyone is saying, how deep your pockets are tells you what motor you can do

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
4th gens are the only gen that with a b16 that can truly shine. Zc's, ehh, not so much. Pretty easy swap and is the only gen I would have a b16 in. Don't know why.

Breaking Point

5+ Year Member
I agree that they are a little underestimated, but if I had a choice, I'd choose the k20. A guy in my local car club had an eg with a h22 swap and that thing was a little speedster!
why would you prefer the k20? im curious. me personally after building & tuning both motors in various cars the h22 still reigns superior. im curious as to your intrest in the k series? is it cause thats the new fad? common mommy everyones doig it lol.nah & the k series rins are s**t & the rods go quick. the h22s are much stronger & are proven to last, the k series just came out, no true test of time on them yet, h22s have been around for over a decade. mine has 190k on it & ive only got intake high flow cat & an exaust & it rolls, ive got a heavy prelude & i kill rsx's, mustangs, colbalts, most hondas, etc...but either way they are both strong motors.