So I tested a P&P HID kit

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For those that say p&p hid kits are awesome and there's no scatter, you really need to open your eyes. This is exactly why I got them. To understand how bad the scatter is.

I got 6000K /w halogen high beam and it's a joke. The scatter is unbelievable. I wish I took pics but it's cold and I'm too tired. I'll get to it. I could clearly see every person and the entire interior of their car as I passed them. Even SUV's / Truck's that tower above me, I could see everything inside. The plus side of the scatter is you can see everything. But damn...it's nuts.

The high beams? :rolf:. I can't even tell they're high beams. My fog lights overpower them. I was on highbeam and switching the lights on and off and barely noticed.

:thumbdown to P&P kits. I'll keep these for a full week and see how many times I get flashed. I'm surprised no one flashed me when I was just out for a test drive.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
why would you waste your money just to "test them"

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless you have projectors, you will have mad scatter no matter what.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why would you waste your money just to "test them"
Cause some ppl hear something so frequently that they actually need to see it for themselves.

Looking forward to pics.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do they have some sort of casper shield?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had a plug and play kit for a long time and aimed the lights a little low and didnt experience anyhything you are describing..

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you spent $60 just so you can b***h about your lights? :lol:

i had a plug and play kit for a long time and aimed the lights a little low and didnt experience anyhything you are describing..
x2

btw its not the hids its the headlights. the headlights are made for halogen not hid. when you p n p them they do make everything brighter. its just a lil unfocused. nothing extreme like your talking about

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
x3, thats what I did with mine, I've actually have had compliments on mine not scattering as much as others. Try that and see what happens :thumbup:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You guys must've aimed your headlights as low as they could go then. Because when I'm driving under trees, I can see the scatter light everything up above me.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys must've aimed your headlights as low as they could go then. Because when I'm driving under trees, I can see the scatter light everything up above me.
Just put some air shocks on the rear and air them up all the way. That should fix the problem:lol:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only kit that I would recommend would be the Bixenon kit. I have that one in now and the light output is pretty controlled.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a p&p in my truck. Its not as focused as it would be with a projector. But it doesnt scatter as much as i thought. I havent even gotten flashed yet either.

Heres a crappy shot over the cab. I dont see the huge amount of scatter you say your getting.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got a p&p in my truck. Its not as focused as it would be with a projector. But it doesnt scatter as much as i thought. I havent even gotten flashed yet either.

Heres a crappy shot over the cab. I dont see the huge amount of scatter you say your getting.

That looks nice. Mine is scattered all over the place. When I drive through my neighborhood, I feel bad for my neighbors because my HID's light up the entire houses lol.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm wondering about the casper shield as well... I guess you're missing the question :\

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah mine are in a stock dodge headlight. No projector. There must be something about the headlights on your civic then.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well 1 is OEM and 1 is aftermarket. But both have a lot of scatter.