Big Money, Time For Big Mods

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
Here is a list of everything i plan to order in the next week, i have 93 civic Coupe D16Z6 SOCH VTEC. Had it for about 2 weeks now and was going to get a newer SI. Decided against it and wanted to do something rare. Like a supercharged D16Z6. I have only heard of a few of those and only seen one supercharged Y8. never a Z6. So having said all that i want yalls opinion on the upgrades i am buying and any suggestions on variations or big "hell no dont get that" or whatever. i want to hear it. I'm guessing i'll be pullin around 250 or 275 with the N/A upgrades. I wont do the charger till about 6 months from now when i finish rebuilding the engine. here is the list of mod parts i am getting,

HPS CAI

DC-S Racing Header

Ractive catback exhaust

AEM Fuel Rail

(ZEX) SEVERE Street/Race Cam - XR lobe designs - RPM Operating range - 2000 to 7200 - duration 260 in. 268 ex. lift .455 in. .430 ex. centerline 107 in. 111 ex. - easy to install and drop right in without having to change valve springs or complete other cylinder head modifications - 1pcs

10MM Spark Plug Wires

(VENOM) Drag Intake Manifold - EX/Si - D16Z6 1.6L SOHC VTEC - Red - Intake manifolds are CNC machined billet aluminum head flange and intake runner surface CNC machined runners to reduce turbulence thus increasing the speed and volumetric efficiency of intake manifold. The manifold excepts up to 66 mm throttle body. Can be used on naturally aspirated or under forced induction.

Skunk 2 valve Springs

Unorthodox Racing Ultra SS Underdrive Lightweight Pulley Set

Skunk2 Titanium Valve Spring Retainer Sets

Skunk2 Throttle Body 66mm

AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

(Top Line) EXHAUST VALVE - VTEC - - D16Z6 - 1590cc(97") - 16 VALVE; SOHC 4; F.INJ. - 75mm(2.953") - 90mm(3.54") - 2.1644/2.1654" - 1.7707/1.7717

(Top Line) INTAKE VALVE - VTEC - - D16Z6 - 1590cc(97") - 16 VALVE; SOHC 4; F.INJ. - 75mm(2.953") - 90mm(3.54") - 2.1644/2.1654" - 1.7707/1.7717

(VENOM) Hi-Performance Fuel Injectors - "Super Flow" - EX/Si - D16Z6 1.6L SOHC Vtec w/ PGM Fuel Delivery - 10% Flow Upgrade

(VENOM) SUPER COOL Hi-Performance Electric Fuel Pump - 1.5/1.6 Mdls - 10% Flow Rate Gain

(EAGLE) Connecting Rods - "ESP H-Beam" - EX/Si - D16Z6 1.6L SOHC VTEC - Center to Center Length 5.394" - Stock Stroke - 510 Gram Weight - with 3/8" ARP 2000 bolts - 1.771 crank pin, .748 piston pin and .898 b.e. width - (Set of 4)

(TEIN) Coil-Over Suspension Set - Tein Driving Master Super Street Damper w/ Pillowball Upper Mount
Rr Fork - Chassis: EH2/3
Spring Rate: FRONT 7kgf/mm; 392lbs/in - REAR 3lbs/in; 168lbs/in - Spring Rate Adjust Range: FRONT MAX +2.0kgf/mm; 112lbs/in to FRONT MIN -2.0kgf/mm; -112lbs/in - REAR MAX +2.0kgfmm; 112lbs/in to REAR MIN 0kgf/mm; 0lbs/in - Ride Height: FRONT -58mm/-2.3in; REAR -40mm/-1.6in - Ride Height Adjust Range: FRONT MAX -20mm/-0.8in to FRONT MIN -79.71mm/-3.1in - REAR MAX 2mm/0.1in to REAR MIN -56.38mm/-2.2in

(NRG Innovations) Front Strut Bar- TITANIUM - Engineered to be lightweight and resist chasis twist

(NRG Innovations) Rear Strut Bar - TITANIUM - Engineered to be lightweight and resist chasis twist

(Top Line) PREMIUM RING SET - VTEC - - D16Z6 - 1590cc(97") - 16 VALVE; SOHC 4; F.INJ. - 75mm(2.953") - 90mm(3.54") - 2.1644/2.1654" - 1.7707/1.7717

(JE Pistons) Piston Set of 4 - SOHC VTEC D16Z6 - 1.6 - Bore: 75.25mm / 2.963in - Rings: 1.0/1.2/2.8mm - Oversize: 0.01 - Stroke: 3.543 - Rod Length: 5.394 - Compression Distance: 1.181 - Head CC: 34.6 - Compression Ratio: 10.5:1 - Dome Volume: -3.2 - Weight: 234grams - Accepts Nitrous - Use with piston ring set 135+3027

(Top Line) CRANKSHAFT KIT - VTEC - - D16Z6 - 1590cc(97") - 16 VALVE; SOHC 4; F.INJ. - 75mm(2.953") - 90mm(3.54") - 2.1644/2.1654" - 1.7707/1.7717 - (24mm nose)

(BOSCH) HIGH OUTPUT Alternator - 180 MAX AMPS - Ceramic Coated/Nomex Wound/T6160 Aluminum Pulley - ALL Mdls.

(Sparko) Sparco Fighter Sport Seats

From The Performance Mods what kind of gain would yall expect to see after being tuned for drag racing. All this is preperation for the supercharger which it looks like i am going to have to fab up and adapter plate and get one for a b series. idk. i'll figure it out.

Please throw in any comments & suggestions, Thanks in Advance

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You're really going to try to throw all of those parts a d16z6?

throw in a k20 in the coupe. and BOOST that!

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you copy and paste all your mods?

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
yeah bro. the thing is that i could drop a k20 in there. boost it and pay 8 to 9 thousand.
or i can supercharge this one, and do everything listed for 6. i dont need 10 shitloads of power. i just want something i can get on it with, thats unique. i like the k20 alot. but as of right now, its just not practical.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
did you copy and paste all your mods?
Yeah. i havent had time to make a list. but those are directly from the sites i plan to order from. and the exact parts that i will order. they are from nopi.com, pro civic and i'm going to see if i can get a few parts off ebay to save a lil cash, lol.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for six thousand dollars, you could have a MUCH faster civic.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
like i said. i dont need alot of power, i just want something moderately powerful, but unique.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a boosted d16 is not unique, even if it's "supercharged" instead of turbo'd.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
it will be to me. plus. how many of them are built in the basement of a barn? most ppl get the work done or have awesome shops. the only thing i'm not doing myself is tuning. lol. and mounting and balancing the tires. so you see it will be unique to me. even if to the outside world it may seemlike a cliche. it will truely be MY car. and to me that makes the driving experience all the better.

psychotic_civic

ok first off like they said supercharged D16s are old school news. Secondly, it is a proven fact that a supercharger works best with stock cams so those agressive cams are gonna hurt performance big time. Third, did you just say 250-275 N/A on a D16 hahahaha

psychotic_civic

Research my friends before you go buyin parts left and right....parts will add power idividually but how will the act together, you gotta plan a build like this VERY carefully

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i building mine in a barn basement w/ many cows and no lighting.

:cool:

top that

psychotic_civic

Also just caught that the JE pistons are 10.5:1...dude you dont even know about C/R and youre gonna try to build your motor. take it to a pro because you are just gonna blow your stuff up

kdj

5+ Year Member
DO IT I always wanted to supercharge a d series keep us updated

psychotic_civic

A million bucks says this build doesnt happen...any takers

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck...I will check back in after a couple of weeks after you "order" the parts...

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Funniest thread I've read all week.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
alright. its clear to me now that i cant be taken seriously on this site. and whoever it was that said something about the pistons being 10.5:1 my buddy works for a shop and they are boring the block to 10.5:1 now do you really think somebody would even know what to look for if they werent serious about the build. especially one like this? and whoever it was that said stock cams work better. thanks, i had no idea. i have only really hardcore researched turbo modifications and just assumed with supers it would be the same for the cams. but now i know. if anyone else has anything USEFUL to say please do. thanks for yalls help. i just saved 250 bucks. possibly more. yall think i should still go through with the venom drag intake manifold for an option if i ever want to get rid of the supercharger? lol. oh and by the way. there arent any cows in my barn, plenty of lights, and a civic screaming to be built. thanks yall

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should get

Benen Industries Rear Lower Tie Bar
List Price: $149.95
Our Price: $134.96

K20A RSX DC5 Complete Swap
Our Price: $5,499.99

Hondata KPRO Engine Management Unit

R-Crew Header
Our Price: $749.99

R-Crew K-Swap race headers provide the best performance that you can ask for out of your motor.

psychotic_civic

HAHAHA did you just say bore to 10.5:1...this thread rocks