bouncy suspension?

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
i installed skunk2 shocks with skunk2 lowering springs today, and it is bouncy...my dad said its bc they are heavy duty shocks and springs and with only one person's weight in the car (me) the car is light and will bounce. normal?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Aftermarket performance shocks and springs reduce the bouncy ride, the roll and pitch of the car's body when driving.

In your case, where did you get those parts from?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aftermarket performance shocks and springs reduce the bouncy ride, the roll and pitch of the car's body when driving.

In your case, where did you get those parts from?
:what: So by replacing oem shocks and springs with aftermarket ones, the ride will be smoother? 90% of the time its the other way around.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
:what: So by replacing oem shocks and springs with aftermarket ones, the ride will be smoother? 90% of the time its the other way around.
so is it normal that my car is bouncy? from a scale of 1-10 with ten being the bouncy i would say its a 5, is this normal guys?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You will notice that it is bouncy yes, you shouldn't be jumping around. Skunk 2 is known for having a little bit of a bounce which is fine. They are pretty good Springs.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Give them a week or two to break in, they may still be a bit bouncy but you should be able to notice the difference.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
okay thanks a BUNCH guys, i thought it wasnt suppose to bounce at all...thanks again guys i knew i can count on ya =)

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think your using the word bouncy out of contrast. Ride in a car with blown shocks and then you'll see what bouncy is. Your skunk 2 set up is going to stiffen up your ride to minimize body roll and stuff like that. That’s good though; at least I like it.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Agree with 00civicsiturbo. "Bouncy" would better describe a car the doesn't settle after hitting a bump or dip in the road. Your car will be stiffer with those springs/shocks, that's the intent. They may still be settling as well.

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Springs don't settle, unless your speaking of sagging. The settling often referred to is your bushings tearing due to not reclocking them after resetting the ride height. This includes the big rear trailing arm bushing, front lower control arm bushings and front strut bushing, and rear inner control arm bushings and rear strut bushings, also rear compensator arm bushings i think.

96greenex

5+ Year Member
yea i have ebay coilovers and my back struts r shot. its hella bouncy in thte back but sometimes its kinda funny. but its getting fixed soon.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Springs don't settle, unless your speaking of sagging. The settling often referred to is your bushings tearing due to not reclocking them after resetting the ride height. This includes the big rear trailing arm bushing, front lower control arm bushings and front strut bushing, and rear inner control arm bushings and rear strut bushings, also rear compensator arm bushings i think.
Reclocking the bushings? Explain please...

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
huh? explain pleaseeee..