any ps3 owners on here?

cmaylo

5+ Year Member
Just to throw my $.02 in, I think the PS3 will be better off in the long run if only due to the massive processing power of the Cell and the fact that it's got Blu-Ray. If you look at the PS2's life cycle, most of the crazy things they did with that console didn't happen until many years after it came out. I think the same will happen with the PS3, with the developers learning more and more about the console and pushing it harder as time goes on. Also, the PS3 looks way sexier. I am disappointed with the online/networking features, however. Xbox definitely has the upper hand in this department. Enough with this typing nonsense, back to Killzone 2!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
naw ps3 is a massive failure for sony. they lose money with every system they sell. all this because xbox released 360 almost a year before ps3... talk about supply and demand.

cmaylo

5+ Year Member
Companies RARELY make money on the consoles... its all in the games.

Back on the PS3 topic... what is the attraction to Little Big Planet? I bought this game expecting great things, and so far it seems like a 2D side scroller with sloppy controls and a bunch of retards online. And why the hell do I keep finding girl clothes and a bunch of flower stickers? I just don't get this game. Granted, some of the levels are pretty cool, but the unresponsiveness of the controls drives me NUTS. Somebody please explain to me what I am missing in this game.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i tried out the ps home thing the other night. wow that s**t is weird. kinda creepy

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Companies RARELY make money on the consoles... its all in the games.

Back on the PS3 topic... what is the attraction to Little Big Planet? I bought this game expecting great things, and so far it seems like a 2D side scroller with sloppy controls and a bunch of retards online. And why the hell do I keep finding girl clothes and a bunch of flower stickers? I just don't get this game. Granted, some of the levels are pretty cool, but the unresponsiveness of the controls drives me NUTS. Somebody please explain to me what I am missing in this game.
i find the controls quite responsive and don't have a problem. it's a fun multiplayer 2d sidescroller game... what's special about it is the level creation possibilities. have you tried out any community levels yet? there's some really amazing stuff out there.... like LittleBIGContra... a group called NeoGAF remade all the original contra levels in LBP. i tried them out last night and it was a lot of nostalgic fun.

as to what you're missing... it's the fact that this game just revived the whole 2D side scroller genre. simple old school mechanics paired with an amazing level-creation system.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought LBP was great, but to be honest I was a little dissappointed.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i didn't have any expectations when i bought it... and i've been enamoured since. i've also been working on my first level for the past few weeks...

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ I think I was disspointed because I was looking forward to it forever.

Just bought Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed for 60 new... not bad.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll only get LBP if i can get it at a fairly low price. there are too many other games that i'd rather play... and it has been hyped up a bit. i'm afraid to pay so much for something that might be disappointing...

*cough*fallout3*cough*

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fallout 3 was great. Maybe not for the hardcore RPG'er but for the rest of the community it was a fun game.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they hyped it up to be something fantastic and it just plain isn't. :what: i guess my expectation were too high, with it coming from bethesda.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what do u guys think of mass effect?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there are some small complaints, mostly about how the menu is set up, but it's one of my very favorite games. :banana:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mass Effect = Great game.

Fallout 3 = meh.... I'm with Aki though. I expected a lot more, simply because it came from Bethesda. But honestly, how can you live up to Oblivion? Either way, I overhyped it in my own head and I think that probably ruined it for me.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
cool, i've been wanting to try mass effect but i'm not a shooter person, but then someone told me most of the gameplay isn't shooting at all, so i'll have to give it a shot.

Flower is strange...yet addicting
still haven't bought it yet... i really oughtta

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^
the battle is all shooting. i rather disliked shooters, but this game is great. it's not your typical shooter or anything.

Mass Effect = Great game.

Fallout 3 = meh.... I'm with Aki though. I expected a lot more, simply because it came from Bethesda. But honestly, how can you live up to Oblivion? Either way, I overhyped it in my own head and I think that probably ruined it for me.
that's probably what i did, too. i freaking love oblivion, and after all the hype, was expecting FO3 to be as good, if not better, and it just wasn't. oblivion pwns FO3, imo.

i wonder what the next elder scrolls will be like... i want more sidequests, a better main story (what's with bethesda and FAIL main plots?) and if i don't get a vampire guild or something, i'm gonna be really annoyed. :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Fallout 3 was great. Maybe not for the hardcore RPG'er but for the rest of the community it was a fun game.
i'm a fps whore, and i HATED fallout 3

interesting story, sometimes good graphics, but horrible game play, awkward controls, shitty physics, incredibly slow development, and did i mention horrible game play?

the designers and writers did a good job, but imo it was a complete programming failure.

however, mass effect was a great game

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
do you guys think i'd like mass effect? i don't really like shooters, but can appreciate it if it's required to progress the plot (such as in MSG4)...