New to the scene

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he's looking for ALOT of hp. like over 900. only reason i see anyone using the J series motor is to make massive power.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OVER 9000!!!!!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i think he's looking for ALOT of hp. like over 900. only reason i see anyone using the J series motor is to make massive power.
Is there a lot of aftermarket support for J swaps? No.
Is there a lot of aftermarket support for B swaps? f**k YES!!!!

Continue to do you J swap n00b. I hope you know there is no write up out there. Theres some guy on jdmuniverse doing this swap and hes having a hell of a hard time doing it, and hes no n00b.

OVER 9000!!!!!
Fuuuuuuuu beat me to it.

95GSRHATCH

The DOHC-ter is here!!!
5+ Year Member
Im not one to rag on other people bro. And I understand the concept of how a J swap makes more sence because of more dispacement and hp for cheaper stock than a b/k/d/dsfdf series motor. But in all reality you want a show car dont do a J swap because your car wont be ready for a long time and you will most likely give up like everyone else has.
If you wanna do a swap boost an H22 or H2B swap it. Not to many H22 swaps out there. And they make nice power. Lots of aftermarket support for H series and dont get me wrong there is alot out there for B series and K series to. And H22 arent that Expensive either man. Just I think what you need is to search some more or ask more questions. People love to flame on here. But its ok. This is Just my .02 Cents worth.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man you guys act like a jswap is the hardest thing to do. it was the same way when the K20 first came out. people were saying its not worth it, its too hard of a swap, blah blah blah look at it now. everyone is doing one. there are already companies making mounts, engine harnesses, etc for the j swap more s**t is coming for it. but i hope by track you mean drag strip cuz all the weight in that car is gonna be in the front so handling wont be its strong point. but a boosted j32 would be plain nasty. you really wanna get crazy throw in the crank and rods from a j35 and you have basically a 3.6 v6 in a civic. but like mugenkid said you could easily have a built boosted b series and make quite a bit of power with that much money as well. all up to you to decide though

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
who the f**k would daily drive a 900hp civic :lol:. i wouldnt even want to take a weekend trip in one; i couldnt afford the gas :D

i would H22+boost before i would attempt a j32. f**k, i would F20C before j swap :rolf:

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
who the f**k would daily drive a 900hp civic :lol:. i wouldnt even want to take a weekend trip in one; i couldnt afford the gas :D

i would H22+boost before i would attempt a j32. f**k, i would F20C before j swap :rolf:
He makes 10 gee a month homie, he aint worried about tha gasolina.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since you dont know who i am, allow me to introduce myself. i am Ian123, the most feared man on club civic. im one of the few intelligent people on here and usually find myself in many heated debates, all of which i win. people in their early to mid 20s dont like admitting they're wrong and therefore most people on this site dont like me.

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b and k series swaps are common so therefore if you don't want to cause yourself a big pain in your ass, either one of those will be fairly simple for you. h series swaps aren't so common and would be a little more unique.
in my opinion dude...i would keep the stock motor and parts in case you blow up the new s**t you put on it. or you can buy another civic and go crazy with that. you don't wanna mess up your only means of transportation. that's just pure stupidity.
and also remember. turbo can blow up whatever engine you have if you've got too much hp.
just don't spend the money on something before you buy stuff.
good luck man.

sketchman1981

sketchman
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, wow. ok, well Ian, I know that teens and early 20's do often think they know everything. but gotta admit some of these guys do know a few things. certainly more than me. But I agree with Hardcore 97, it is becoming a more popular swap. at least enough to get people talking about it. I work with a guy that put one in an integra and he said it was harder than he expected, but wasn't the most difficult project. I am considering the k20a as well, JDM offers one with 220 hp not bad for a 4banger. but costly. just the engine and tranny was running around 5,000.00 not including costs of swapping it in. I'm not just going to go buy the J32 without finding a good shop that can help me get it in the right way. And if the Costs are going to be far beyond what it'll cost for a good k20 or h22 plus swap costs, then I'll probably go for the other options. The added weight from the Jswap will be beneficial for the track, and of course I'll beaf up the suspension up front a little more to improve the handling. If I do go for the Jswap. JDM's K20a is a good looking engine, and 220 is decent for a civic. but hecs does have a point, if I go with the J32 I'll probably go more than 400hp. that's just my goal. at least 400. I've always been competitive when I build anything. I want the best, biggest, baddest I can get...within reason. It'll be a few more months before I put the swap in, I"m buying a house and I'm hoping to put at least 20,000 down on it, so gotta save for that. And Forcdincivic, I am not that insanely worried about the gas, you're right, lol. But I doubt I'll push it to 900hp. unless I start racing it seriously there's no point.

sketchman1981

sketchman
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:D thanks Brittany, you're very beautiful by the way ;) . and it's not my only means of transportation, I have a 99 grand prix gtp back home, and an 88 ford Bronco II that I have lifted.

sketchman1981

sketchman
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speed is addicting though. I've had friends that put all their spare money into their cars or bikes. So we'll have to see. as long as I have the civic I'll keep posting, and responding on here. Noob or not, gotta learn somewhere.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, wow. ok, well Ian, I know that teens and early 20's do often think they know everything. but gotta admit some of these guys do know a few things. certainly more than me. But I agree with Hardcore 97, it is becoming a more popular swap. at least enough to get people talking about it. I work with a guy that put one in an integra and he said it was harder than he expected, but wasn't the most difficult project. I am considering the k20a as well, JDM offers one with 220 hp not bad for a 4banger. but costly. just the engine and tranny was running around 5,000.00 not including costs of swapping it in. I'm not just going to go buy the J32 without finding a good shop that can help me get it in the right way. And if the Costs are going to be far beyond what it'll cost for a good k20 or h22 plus swap costs, then I'll probably go for the other options. The added weight from the Jswap will be beneficial for the track, and of course I'll beaf up the suspension up front a little more to improve the handling. If I do go for the Jswap. JDM's K20a is a good looking engine, and 220 is decent for a civic. but hecs does have a point, if I go with the J32 I'll probably go more than 400hp. that's just my goal. at least 400. I've always been competitive when I build anything. I want the best, biggest, baddest I can get...within reason. It'll be a few more months before I put the swap in, I"m buying a house and I'm hoping to put at least 20,000 down on it, so gotta save for that. And Forcdincivic, I am not that insanely worried about the gas, you're right, lol. But I doubt I'll push it to 900hp. unless I start racing it seriously there's no point.
ok, well at least you have a plan. so your goal is 400, and if you do end up going with a J series you'll be looking for an extra 140. A turbo charger and some internal work can get you that extra 140hp your looking for.

here comes the fun part.

• custom mount kit
  • custom axels
  • wiring ; its not plug and play.
  • clearance in the engine bay, im not sure if theres anything in the way that you might have to remove or mod.
  • Installer ( if your not doing this yourself, i would look for someone who knows these swap like the back of their hand)
  • turbo kit (choosing one accordingly)
  • Building motor for turbo kit (i personally wouldn't skip on this, specially I who doesnt know anything about the internal strength of a J series motor. i would Research that, you might not need to you might need to. )
  • Installer (if your not doing this yourself, look for someone who knows forced induction like the back of their foot)
  • Tune ( you don't want anything to blowing up. you'll be looking for that extra 140hp if 400 is your )
somethings to keep in mind.

*cooling system
*will it be street legal
*bottom end clearance

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go with an h22 and boost that, with pistons and rods you'll be able to handle 400hp no problem, plus its a lot cheaper than a k.. and please never say nos again=)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I find it funny that were giving this guy advice but im almost positive nothings going to come out of it. Just like all those 16 year olds that come on here asking what they need for a B swap but dont have the funds for it.
f**k, i would F20C before j swap :rolf:
I LOL'd haha.