ducky ducky
5+ Year Member
sweet to know you have a 4 door
i have one too
but not alot of money coming my way haha
i never though about a k20 type r on a sedan

Mrferio98

5+ Year Member
im new to the forum i just bought a 98 ek4 ferio and converted the front to the ek4 type r model it is a 5 speed on a d16y7 any thoughts on what i can do to my new civic sedan

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was enjoying the thread until the last thread jack.

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im new to the forum i just bought a 98 ek4 ferio and converted the front to the ek4 type r model it is a 5 speed on a d16y7 any thoughts on what i can do to my new civic sedan
get your own thread for starters....

hasaan

5+ Year Member
"scene?" what scene? you build your car for your own personal reasons, not for no phucking scene!! that s**t pisses me off cuz i do my own work and rich boys like you come on and decides to jump into the so called "scene" and expect to drop in a j-series motor!! typical noob with money to blow...too bad we're not all rich like you!! watch this video man!! this reminds me of someone like you!! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojB7KkaR03I

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"scene?" what scene? you build your car for your own personal reasons, not for no phucking scene!! that s**t pisses me off cuz i do my own work and rich boys like you come on and decides to jump into the so called "scene" and expect to drop in a j-series motor!! typical noob with money to blow...too bad we're not all rich like you!! watch this video man!! this reminds me of someone like you!! :twisted:
The truth hurts... That's why I told him to take time with the build, I was easy on the noob but I like your comment better lol.

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here's a more technical forum for you.

http://www.j32a.com/

the only bad part about this swap is the hole you'll have to cut into your hood. although, i have seen on a couple of forums of a group buy for a custom hood from seibon that would fit over the J32. make sure you use an OEM LSD tranny, this would improve drive-ability.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Total truth lol

And video is perfect for this guy

Henry14000

5+ Year Member
if you put a j series in a civic, you cannot close your hood. Youd have to cut a square in the hood which would cause cops to wanna pull you over.
Your choice though.

sketchman1981

sketchman
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I decided not to mess with the 2000 civic, I'm putting it up for sell soon. Buying a 2008 Civic SI As for the "haters" I have seen many cases of the J-swap since I had posted on here, so I'm obviously not the only one that thought it could be done. For those that would want to do it, look into it, I believe a lot of shops are making kits for the swap now. I changed my mind about the 2000 because it's a 4dr and not as sporty as I'd like. after checking out a 2008 SI I decided that was more the way to go. so I'll probably start posting in the 8th gen forums after today.

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go with the k23a1 from the RDX turbo you would have to get a 2wd trans from a DC5 or EP3 but its a swap i have not seen before and its an easy 240 hp i dont know about price tho

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lets review SOME of the great win that was found in this thread, I DID miss some, sorry bout that.

since you dont know who i am, allow me to introduce myself. i am Ian123, the most feared man on club civic. im one of the few intelligent people on here and usually find myself in many heated debates, all of which i win. people in their early to mid 20s dont like admitting they're wrong and therefore most people on this site dont like me.
I was enjoying the thread until the last thread jack.

sketchman1981

sketchman
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
suffer defeat?

yeah, so I posted on here about 1 1/2 years ago...didn't seem that long ago. I had bought a 2000 honda civic as a daily driver for work, but after awhile had decided to start doing some mods, since I already had the car I thought why buy a different one. Well I had changed my mind, partly because I knew there was some truth in the words of the responses I had received, but mostly because I checked out a 2008 civic SI, and loved it. Problem is, I was still suffering from a poor credit score from past mistakes. Ended up buying a 2009 Subaru Legacy to build up my credit again. I kept the 2000 civic and my gf drove the subaru. long story short, she's now 6 months prego and I have made the decision to start putting most of the money I make into savings, and going towards investments. So I'm no longer looking at buying a new sporty/muscle car(actually almost bought a 2001 Z06 corvette for 17,000.) But after doing some tune ups and changing out a few parts that went bad on the 2000 Civic I remembered why I started to mod it in the first place. So I'm back at it, and on the plus side, perhaps I can provide some entertainment for all the haters. lol. Though I decided the Jswap probably isn't even worth it because I think I'd rather do all the work myself, I'm half tempted to go for it just to prove that it could be done. Though for now, I'm just doing minor stuff in my garage. Moving next week, got a place with a bigger garage and gonna give it a few weeks to get my bank account built back up. Spent over 9,000 over my holidays. Partly investments, but a lot of it was just foolin around with family and friends, and also did some maintenance on my GTP back home that I'm actually giving to my mom now. But once I have at least 10,000 in the bank again I'm going to set up a car mod budget. probably no more than 1,000/month so if I was to do the jswap it'll be awhile. For now I'm upgrading the suspension, and brakes. As for the engine, I may just build up the D16 in the car, or buy an engine stand and start building a b16/b18 in the garage. I'm still a "noob".....gotta love that name, but as I stated before I'm not stupid. I'm actually looking at finding some books so I can learn more in depth the technical aspects of the field. Scene....don't care about the popularity much anymore, put it in a show? eh, maybe if it goes that far, for now it's just becoming a weekend hobby to do something creative with my time. Did you beat me down and knock some sense into me? hahahaha, we'll see. I just had some things happen in my life that changed the situation. My future son being number 1 in the list.

BoostedFalcon

ok, well i just got woke up by a phone call from my shop. Theres a guy here thats done this more than once, and they have a semi kit put together. Its going to cost me 6800-7800.00 for parts and labor to get the j swap, that wasnt including re running the a/c. But still not bad. He said itll take up to a month to get done because of the custom fitting that has to be done. So ill wait till my girl is here. Lol ride to work and all.
I know, I'm new here and all, but seriously?!? Come on big money, can't you buy a cheap daily driver to use when your car is in the shop? I don't buy this guy's story one bit. Besides, if you're a contractor you'd probably have a company vehicle. And to say that a Mustang is an over-rated muscle car is rediculous. You sir, had one of the weakest excuses ('96-98) for a Mustang out there. 215hp and 3500 lbs isn't really what anyone is looking for when buying a "muscle" car.

You guys should spend your time posting information about swaps to someone who is really going to do one!

sketchman1981

sketchman
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, Boosted falcon, you must be like a genius or something. If you had read the further posts you would understand the whole story. Mustangs are over rated. Unless modified, there are family cars that can beat them. As for the contractors getting a company car? I'm not sure where you got your idea of what a contractor is, but we don't get company cars. We just get paid more because we generally have to pay for two households, and a lot of us live in hotels. I did for the first 10 months I was here before finally moving into an apartment when it became obvious we were going to be here awhile.