5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
supercharger, seems like it would be more reliable

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
An employee at capitol honda in San Jose told me that back in 99 he sold a Si with a factory super charger. I s**t u not, it just sounded to good to be true. If u ask me, import IL4's with turbo seems to be a reliable bet for evo's and wrx's out the factory while super charging is very common on performance domestics.

PS. Some toyota flavor...A buddy of mine has gone from a boosted MKIII supra to another all motor MKIII and he couldn't be happier.

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh and supercharged gets worse gas mileage because essentially you're adding a big a/c to your car.

jkcivic

5+ Year Member
depends on what your trying to do. trying to go for speed or just for a little hp. supercharger wont add as much power as a turbo will. while a turbo u have endless ammount of power you can achieve. just make sure to build up your motor internals if you decide to turbo.

for super charger whp gains with a jrsc check out these dynos at 8lbs:

http://www.hondata.com/jrsc_big_boost.html

at 8psi on a turbo usualy on a b16 puts u around 260whp depending on tune.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look at it like this... Do you want to spend upwards of $2000 on 7-8 psi or $2000 on something that can make the same HP and still have room for alot more down the road..

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Both. Get a turbo feeding that blower, and you'll be running 9's fo sho!

lol only joking.

Get a 2.0 block and go N/A would be my suggestion :lol:

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do you really want to do? street? drag? track? show car?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
A turbocharged car is a lot more fun to drive!

brittanyx92

wants a better civic =/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depends on preference. turbo is much more common than going sc. while both are fairly sexy, i find that turbo would be better for you.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want to just do a drag run turbo is probably better and cheaper, i have heard mixed things about the JRsc, the best one for the b16 is a procharger but it is hella money (60-75% hp gains tho) constant boost is a beautiful thing especially on a car that has a mostly flat torque curve. i'd say turbo for drag and sc for track.