For your enjoyment

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice clean start =)

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
the rear is dropped! Once I get some time, I'll post up a pic. It took 3 hrs and 45 mins to do one side, then 15 minutes to do the other side :cool:

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
So here's the newest pic I have. Back is dropped on skunk2 shocks and tein s techs. The ride is rigid, much better than the worn out stock parts. Front should be dropped in the next couple weeks.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kinda weird that front is stock and rear is dropped. but looks good. cant wait to see the front

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
kinda weird that front is stock and rear is dropped. but looks good. cant wait to see the front
Yeah it's a bit strange, front should be done in a couple days. thanks tho

on another note, today my left rear trailing arm bushing died so i'll be switching both sides out in the next couple days

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your on the right track. Nice start Bro! But as a side note i would match the front stock suspension with the rear otherwise the handling can be affected......... as in premature wear on either front or rear setups due to the different spring ratios. That bad boy is very clean too. Digging it!!=)

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Your on the right track. Nice start Bro! But as a side note i would match the front stock suspension with the rear otherwise the handling can be affected......... as in premature wear on either front or rear setups due to the different spring ratios. That bad boy is very clean too. Digging it!!=)
thanks man, yeah the front's gonna be matched with same setup as rear in a couple of days

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
The rims are indeed stock sized at 14 inches. They make those in 15s too but I got the 14s so I could throw the tires back on them, I just got them for the meantime...gonna get some gold or bronze 15 inch Rota Grids eventually. And yeah I'm anxious to drop it but gotta get that $650 first :cool:
What an astounding waste of money.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP

What the hell do spring rates have to do with tire wear?

You actually want the rear to be a bit higher in the back. You don't want the distance between the centercap and the fender to be much smaller than a 12" level line on any of the wheels.

I'm currently about like this: Front Left 12.15" Right 12"
Rear Left 12.40 Right 12.25"

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Front doesn't look dropped to me... But need more pics of your car bro... Front, back, side(s), engine bay, interior... helps people see what your platform is for feedback....

But needs more of a drop and better rims looks good though =)

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Front doesn't look dropped to me... But need more pics of your car bro... Front, back, side(s), engine bay, interior... helps people see what your platform is for feedback....

But needs more of a drop and better rims looks good though =)
That's as far down as I'm going, and yeah I'm thinking about new rims/tires.
I'm lazy about taking and posting pictures, I'll work on it.

ej8lover

ayye d16y7 thats wassup thats whats under the hood of mine too bro i love the car BUILT NOT BOUGHT=)