What RPM are you shifting at?

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2000 EM1, B16 turbo(just an 18g) @ 7lbs...Puttin around bout 3k, runnin it, around 7k or so..it's been off the road for a while but I think that's about right

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cmon keep em coming guys. Let's hear about those driving habits.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
like 3k, i drive normal -shrug-

Sleeper EG8

Android Powered!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My car doesn't have a tech but my guestimation is I usually shift around 2.5-3k rpm and when playing around I shift maybe around 4-5rpm

92 Honda civic Dx 4door

Sent from My Synergy Powered EVO

rayej8

5+ Year Member
97 ej8 stock d16y8 with gsr throttle body
148731 original miles
daily 4000-4500...
gunning it on first and second around 7800-8200

d-proff

5+ Year Member
Built na b18c1 untuned(until july 5th ;) ) daily 2500-3k when I fell frisky 8200 when she's tuned redline will prolly b at 9k n I built it to have fun so ill b taking it to 9k when the urge hits. I hit redline about once a day after work becausr I get off at night and the interstate is all mine: )
reading that you guys dnt hardly take your cars to redline make me feel abusive and my friends say I baby my car wtf lol

d-proff

5+ Year Member
Built na b18c1 untuned(until july 5th ;) ) daily 2500-3k when I fell frisky 8200 when she's tuned redline will prolly b at 9k n I built it to have fun so ill b taking it to 9k when the urge hits. I hit redline about once a day after work becausr I get off at night and the interstate is all mine: )
reading that you guys dnt hardly take your cars to redline make me feel abusive and my friends say I baby my car wtf lol

rayej8

5+ Year Member
i feel tthe same way i mean i really dont care if i do blow my engine cuz i have another one in the back but to see the highest on a single cam on here was lik a 7200 made me feel lik im killing my car lol :P

d-proff

5+ Year Member
Before I did my swap in april my y8 I could bounce it off the rev block with 175xxx consumed no oil ran like a champ Honda's can take a beating anyone see that video when the guys are trying to kill a honda and they dump water in the oil and straight beat on it for like a 10 min video that kinda stuff makes me have faith in my car

jeremyB16a

it's VTEC!!!! Variable timing electronic control!!! You tube how it works it will amase you!! Sorry can't spell

Ryanrpm

Dang........all ya'll are gonna blow your engines!!!:shocked2:

I ONLY drive for economy, and I shift mine every day at 1500 rpm....1st through 5th. I try to keep it at or below 2500 on the hwy.

1993 Civic EX, D16Z6. My latest 390 mile trip yielded me 49mpg.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
daily driving ~2.5k
spirited ~4k
wide open ~7.5-8k (rev limit 8.2)

mild built ls/vtec boosted

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP

I ONLY drive for economy, and I shift mine every day at 1500 rpm....1st through 5th. I try to keep it at or below 2500 on the hwy.

holy s**t

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i feel tthe same way i mean i really dont care if i do blow my engine cuz i have another one in the back but to see the highest on a single cam on here was lik a 7200 made me feel lik im killing my car lol :P
If i remember correctly on single cams redline is like 7k isn't it? rev limiter is right after that?
I hit the rev limiter on my civic a few times. That car is still running like a champ.

In my del sol redlines at 8200. Ive hit the rev limiter on that maybe 2 times.

My s2k i have redlined but not hit the rev limiter. I still haven't changed the retainers which have been known to crack if over reved so i'm a bit more cautious to not go past redline.

Don't think i've ever redlined the CRV. :/

These engines will take a lot of abuse. I don't think too many of us are here on the board to get amazing milage, at least not at the cost of fun.
I mean yeah we like the fuel economy but i don't think the majority on the board here are all about the hyper mileing thing.
2500 on the highway! what kind of speed is that?
i don't think i could go less than 3.7-4k going like 65 in top gear.
Thats pretty good milage your getting btw. i had seem some civics get 50+ but they were the VX hatches that were rated for like 40+ anyway.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I would think shifting at 1500rpm would take me 30 minutes to get to a safe speed on the highway.

I do commend the MPG, however being that a fairly stock y8 (header, intake, exhaust) is slow to begin with.. I can't imagine driving it even slower.

Cooper76

98 Civic ex four door
B18b ls swap
T3/T4 turbo
8 lbs boost
forged pistons
eagle H beam rods
ARP throughout

Daily Driver... I'll shift around 2,500-3,000 rpm
When I'm feeling lucky... 6,500-7,000 rpm