Stickerbomb Fun

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Robin if you take your time I'm sure you will have a much better product than my half-assed job. I'm also apparently mentally challenged and put the stickers on it while I had it upside down... :shock:

But here for all those who do not know what the hell this kind of mirror is - It's a large mirror that adds to your ability to see everything behind and to the sides of you. I'd say it reduced my blind spots by about 90%, I love it.)

Front View:

Stickerbombed:

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
Wow I totally thought I would hate this but I don't. Looks cool man!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like it. i may do that to my regular mirror lol

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow I totally thought I would hate this but I don't. Looks cool man!
i like it. i may do that to my regular mirror lol
It will be hard to do it to that small of a mirror. The wink mirror has a large flat surface on all sides so the stickers can easily wrap around from the back and it helps the stickers stick. No idea how you would pull that off with an oem mirror haha. Good luck though.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good man, I have my wink mirror covered as well. When they started to peel a bit you just used clear tape? Cause I covered mine in stickers then clear coated over them and a few look to be peeling off.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I cleared mine and after a few days they started peeling off on the edges. I just used clear packing tape and covered the top and bottom (flat parts) so all the edges would stick down. Worked like a charm!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good work man, i dont wanny be nosy but why is your interior gutted...

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good work man, i dont wanny be nosy but why is your interior gutted...
I am the unlucky owner of the Mystic Brown interior. So I'm on a mission to turn it into black. My seats just got re-upholstered and I bought full black SI interior so I'm in the midst of a major swap. :thumbs up

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I cleared mine and after a few days they started peeling off on the edges. I just used clear packing tape and covered the top and bottom (flat parts) so all the edges would stick down. Worked like a charm!
its been holding up good for you? Im gonna have to try it out for sure.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turned out pretty smoove

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks badass bro, glad you did it. Hella smooth putting it upside down though lol

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its been holding up good for you? Im gonna have to try it out for sure.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Yeah it's holding perfectly fine.

turned out pretty smoove
:thumbs up

Where do you buy the sticker bomb books? i just went out and spent $30 on random stickers from skate shops and surf shops lol
I posted links at the beginning of this thread :cool:

Looks badass bro, glad you did it. Hella smooth putting it upside down though lol
Thanks haha. I was rockin' it the incorrect way just to make me feel like less of a dumbass but there was no way I could drive with a huge ass mirror that didn't work properly. It really messed with my driving.
And yo I'm coming down to Cali in like a week...I'ma come poop on your front door in a brown bag and set fire it to it! Swag!

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what would work to seal the stickers better so they dont get ruined? i ahd sprayed 3 coats of clear coat on mine, i sticker bombed my liscense plate backing, how would acrylic clear coat hold up?

i know its not to everyones liking but when everyone else has the same car i think trying to stand out is fun.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that looks sick. But honestly I have no idea. Even though I put tons of clear on mine the stickers still faded and look like s*** when they are wet.

dufflbagitagain

google ccs the old skate board catalog, just order some skate and snow boarding stickers, they are made for weather/ for the most part. meh atleast its worth a shot.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i went ahead and tried acrylic on my wind guard for my roof rack and it holds up better than clear coat, the stickers didnt get wet when i sprayed but i think the difficult part would be getting the edges to seal, i ended up using door edge trim to cover around my fairing.

it came on thicker than the clear coat, still trying to figure out how to seal the edged though.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't see any poop on my front lawn :scurred: lol

Where in Cali you going, and did u drive the civic down here?

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't see any poop on my front lawn :scurred: lol

Where in Cali you going, and did u drive the civic down here?
I didn't have to poop when I got there, and forced dumps hurt so I just left it alone.

And I just got back a few days ago, I went to Ventura/Camarillo. Left the civic at home since I went with the family. We mobbed dirty in the mini van lol

DaOne

Looks pretty sick! nice work.
about how many stickers did you use on your lip/wink mirror?