how do i make my taillights look like these

iwannacivicsi

I saw this car on another civic site and was wondering how i would get my red and white tail lights to have this gunmetal type look?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it was an optional tail light for special addition civic coupes only in 1999

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ what a smart ass :roll:

its headlight / tail light tint film

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
oh cant you also put like clear coat on the tail lights? till it gets darker and darker??

Jose1027

Registered VIP
If you want to do a good job you should take the taillights off,ive never done it but i imagine its not that bad,just watch for air bubbles

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont know how to take out your tail lights, i wouldnt recommend doing this

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's also spray stuff, not sure which is better but might be something to check out.

If you don't know, you could get pulled over for this. If you're going to do it, I'd be careful with how dark you go. Obviously light output won't be as good if you're covering it up..

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clear coat is.....clear. How many coats of CLEAR do you think it will take to get it colored...?

There is a local company that used thinned out black paint until the desired darkness is achieved.

HonDaReal

I kno ppl also use model car tint spray. Im not sure what its called but ur local hobby shop could help u find something that color

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
I would say just have a tint shop do it for you. You don't sound that confident so for a good job I would just take your car to a shop and have them lay a tint film on it for you(I like film because you can always take it off pretty easy) Shouldn't be too expensive, I wouldn't pay over $40 for both tails, considering a whole car should only cost $100-$120.

course you have to find a shop that will do it because I'm sure some will say that its illegal, however if you do go though a shop you will probably get a warranty if it ever goes bad so thats always a plus.

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I kno autozone and kragens sells a spray tint you could use But like speedy said u can get pulled over if you go to dark id recommend the spray imo just tape off the half u dont want done and spray lol

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All of these methods look cheap and like sh*t. Have them professionally painted or tinted. Trust me, you will see the difference.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can spray it (VHT Nightshades) on or use film.

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/exterior-diys-54/smoked-tail-lights-vinyl-84787/

Either way, just be prepared, if you do do this, if you were to ever get rear ended, you may not be covered by insurance because you altered a safety device.
:wak:VHT is one of the worst products out there.
It's true about the insurance part though. I never did understand why people want to DARKEN their means of lighting unless it's the interior.

I'm sorry, I like having people see my car, esp since I'm so low and a lot don't see me b/c of that.