Sorry :P

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unfortunately he's got a point. Those lenses are clearly professionally tinted/ smoked.

And I think what adds to the appeal the most is the white wheels, the fender signals, lowered, exhaust, vtec decal, etc. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwannacivicsi

Unfortunately he's got a point. Those lenses are clearly professionally tinted/ smoked.

And I think what adds to the appeal the most is the white wheels, the fender signals, lowered, exhaust, vtec decal, etc. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks

dcboardr41

dont use nightshades, fail inspection, attracts attention from the cops, you can/will be pulled over for them. i had them on for about a week and was always worried that i would get rear ended while driving during the day. buy the smoked aftermarket taillights if you want them dark.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HOW YOU WANT YOUR TAIL LIGHTS TO LOOK LIKE:

HOW THEY'RE GOING TO LOOK LIKE:
LOL, very true. Good intentions only go so far.

i had them on for about a week and was always worried that i would get rear ended
That too. There are enough bad drivers on the road, don't give them another reason to run into you.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
dont use nightshades, fail inspection, attracts attention from the cops, you can/will be pulled over for them. i had them on for about a week and was always worried that i would get rear ended while driving during the day. buy the smoked aftermarket taillights if you want them dark.
This is my 4th car that I tinted the tails. I've never been pulled over. Never had a problem passing inspection. Never been rear ended.

After tinting my tail lights I install leds instead of using the regular bulbs. I use the leds that cone with 24 leds per bulb. When light up you can't tell my tails r tinted. Even during the day. Its all on how its done.

I've seen people use more then 3 coats. Now thats to dark.most people also tint there tails n never switch to leds.

I used 3 coats n thats why its black. If you use 1 its smoked. 2 coates is tinted.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is my 4th car that I tinted the tails. I've never been pulled over. Never had a problem passing inspection. Never been rear ended.

After tinting my tail lights I install leds instead of using the regular bulbs. I use the leds that cone with 24 leds per bulb. When light up you can't tell my tails r tinted. Even during the day. Its all on how its done.

I've seen people use more then 3 coats. Now thats to dark.most people also tint there tails n never switch to leds.

I used 3 coats n thats why its black. If you use 1 its smoked. 2 coates is tinted.

there are also some people that havent been pulled over for window tint, but doesnt mean its legal.

you may of just gotten lucky

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Oh I know its not legal. But rules r ment to be broken right ;)

I don't think your headlights meet the min height requrments ;)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh I know its not legal. But rules r ment to be broken right ;)

I don't think your headlights meet the min height requrments ;)

actually, in my state they make it just fine. PA doesnt have a height requirement, we have a bumper requirement and it falls in it. Plus i have my inspection license =)

only ting that doesnt pass is the fact that my wheel comes in contact with the fender

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everything done to the exterior of any automobile draws attention
Some things draw more attention than others, but something dealing with lighting that is supposed to be red in color will nearly always draw the attention of an officer and give them just cause to pull you over.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Some things draw more attention than others, but something dealing with lighting that is supposed to be red in color will nearly always draw the attention of an officer and give them just cause to pull you over.
My running lights n brake lights r still red when on. There us no law saying the color of the lens.

In the rear of an automobile there must be red running n stop lights. Turn signals must be amber or red. In the front the turn signal must be amber. All my lights meet these requirements.

If the lenses have to be said colors then why do certain manufacturers provide black or clear tails from the factory?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know where to get some nice cheap headlights?
Nice, or cheap? Gotta pick one. lol

Nahh but check out ebay, or amazon. Just re-seal them when you get them and you should be golden.

NoShameinMyGame

Nite Shade Tail light & Headlight tint

I saw this car on another civic site and was wondering how i would get my red and white tail lights to have this gunmetal type look?
Here's a link to purchase : Nite Shade Tail light & Headlight tint

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=nite+shade&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=673&wrapid=tlif133251381411010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13635726565980033597&sa=X&ei=HYxsT6yUKYWR0QH5qtS-Bg&ved=0CEQQ8wIwAA#

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the lenses have to be said colors then why do certain manufacturers provide black or clear tails from the factory?
I don't know what to tell you.
You can make the same argument for tint. Many vehicles come from the factory with "illegal" shade tint. But being that it comes from the factory, it's alright.

For the most part, many cops can tell what is factory and what isn't.
My point was to do what you can to NOT draw attention to yourself.
If you completely dark out your tail lights, that is obviously not factory and you're asking for issues, giving the officer reasonable cause to pull you over.
Any tail light mod is technically illegal (painting/tinting etc), any tail light that is not DOT stamped is illegal.

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
Weren't those tailights the optional for 99-00 civic coupe that nobody bought lmao rare ftw!

No fat chicks, car will scrape.