RonJ request for OGs Genuine Rolla, hooked_on4, NOFX, shiznit, TonyM, handlebars

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this kids thread is gonna blow up and he has no idea why i bet.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boom only like 270 to go

RonJ

Banned
For OG forum:

You must be registered for at least 5 years and have 4,000 posts or more to enter this forum
Joey, did you mean to write:

You must be registered for at least 5 years OR have 4,000 posts or more to enter this forum?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^I didn't write it... but no, it was meant to be written how it is. I reported the error to Justin, and he already found what looks to be the problem. When the system updates, it should be fixed.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn i want in SOOOO bad lol few are older "G's" than me :'(

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:lol: It's about the total package, man. Ya gotta put your time in tech sections too!

RonJ

Banned
^^I didn't write it... but no, it was meant to be written how it is. I reported the error to Justin, and he already found what looks to be the problem. When the system updates, it should be fixed.
You may want to consider editing the criteria as you are sure to exclude some "real" OGs. You probably don't want a forum of 10 members. The country club would then be too exclusive.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did, then there was an archive period some years ago, you may remember, it ate about 1,500 of my posts away, not to mention threads that have been deleted over the years. i AM the total package ;)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ron - we analyzed the number of people that would be let in when we decided the year count / post count. We didn't just pick 5 years and 4k out of our butts. :P

Tom - Are you talking about when we made off-topic posts stop counting? I can't think of any other process we did that lowered people's post count. Either way, the numbers were decided upon based on the current post counts / account ages of members, not a past count. You'll be there soon enough, dude :lol:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it was in 2004 or 2005, early on, when instead of archive we deleted old stuff... and the ot posts stopped too. im like a cc historian. ps where is og melt? and dank? and the guy from sac area who had garfield in his avatar? or ssdark?

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it was in 2004 or 2005, early on, when instead of archive we deleted old stuff... and the ot posts stopped too. im like a cc historian. ps where is og melt? and dank? and the guy from sac area who had garfield in his avatar? or ssdark?
Dank is NOT an OG. He just rolled with us because we liked his style. :cool:

Yeah I haven't seen Melt online in a few weeks.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What about OG, Fit driving Tom??

RonJ

Banned
Ron - we analyzed the number of people that would be let in when we decided the year count / post count. We didn't just pick 5 years and 4k out of our butts. :P
What did your analysis tell you? Did it consider how many members fitting your criteria don't post anymore or do so extremely rarely?

I'm not asking for myself because I'm not concerned whether or not I could post in the OG lounge. I'm asking because I think there are CC members who should be considered OGs and would want to be included but won't be. And you don't want the OG forum to be a ghost town or forum where only a few members ever post. That would seem to defeat the purpose.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, we did consider that, and we also considered how it will be growing in the near future. We filtered our results by members who have been active in the past month, and then looked at them individually to gauge their activity.

People have been complaining about VIP being too full for a long time. They also stated that they wanted rewards for things that were difficult to achieve (in the form of badges). We used compiled member input to create a new section that will hopefully be enjoyed.