1999 Civic Check engine light

mcnabb_nfl

5+ Year Member
My CEL is illuminated on my 1999 civic ex coupe. I have heard that it is possible to check the code by doing something with the ecu? Is this possible, and what are the steps?

THANKS

Crutch

5+ Year Member
Take it to autozone or any other parts store and they can hook up the obd2 code reader. They should be able to give you a printed copy of the codes that your car puts up.

RonJ

Banned
Click here to learn how to pull the CEL codes by jumping the service connector above the ECU. Depending on the codes retrieved, you may get additional information about the problem by then pulling the codes with an OBDII scan tool, which is a free service at some auto parts stores.

cw3263

5+ Year Member
when u fiqure out the code, pm me i've got access to alldata and ill copy n paste the descrition and the fault tracing plan for the code.

DAPC

Turned it on, got 1 short flash... O2 sensor? Is that right? So can anyone tell me where that is or what it looks like?

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Turned it on, got 1 short flash... O2 sensor? Is that right? So can anyone tell me where that is or what it looks like?
So you figured it out its an O2 sensor. now google it to see where its located and what it looks like. =)