95 si cutting out @52-5500 rpm

13carbonesi

Hi, I have a 95 civic si that I race weekly as a stock car. I have owned multiple civic and feel that I know them well but this one has completely stumped me leading to creating this post. I have changed every sensor on the car with a brand new one along with knowing that my vtec works correctly. There is also no cel codes on the dash. At a stand still the car will only rev out 5500, and the car idles great with the slight occasional miss having only a hollowed out converter with a straight exhaust that dumps out in front of the back tire. My problem is that at the end of the straight away the car will not rev out past 5200-5500 and it bogs right down. the same thing goes for every gear. I just want to hear some different opinions because I feel like I have tried everything. Some one said something about the gauge cluster, and Im positive the computer is fine. PLEASE if you read this and have some good insight I would love to hear it. THANKS TO ALL

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: we're almost neighbors lol.

The issue may lie with your cat converter. You said its hollowed out, but that's a symptom of a clogged cat.

13carbonesi

:welcome: we're almost neighbors lol.

The issue may lie with your cat converter. You said its hollowed out, but that's a symptom of a clogged cat.

thankyou! and you may be right, I have did this same thing to multiple civics and there has never been this type of problem. Im not ruling out the cat though it may be. Ah it's frustrating

Whip

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's an interesting car. Looks like a mini nascar...

Not saying I hate it, it's just different. Not your typical stanced with stickers up the back window which is a good thing.

I thought Si only came in a hatchback in the 5th gens though...

*edit* Nevermind. Canadian Si was an EX in the usa though. The US Si only came in a hatchback.

13carbonesi

That's an interesting car. Looks like a mini nascar...

Not saying I hate it, it's just different. Not your typical stanced with stickers up the back window which is a good thing.

I thought Si only came in a hatchback in the 5th gens though...

*edit* Nevermind. Canadian Si was an EX in the usa though. The US Si only came in a hatchback.
yes not the usual civic on this site im guessing, no corners cut on this one, just cant get it to run!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My friend actually stock car races an Integra, it looks fairly similar to your car, just... an Integra lol.