best daily racer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepinsedan

So what would be a better option for a daily driver but something I can pull like close to 300hp all motor. Between a ls vtec or poor man type r or something else?...

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Youve got big dreams.. 300hp isnt going to happen on a 4 banger unless you add boost. K swaps maybe with alot of work.

What does your wallet say about this plan? The wallet is the boss!

sleepinsedan

Well I was reading about some around that were pulling 260 - 285hp I just don't know what set up they had but what's the most you think I could get it off a b series? Im willing to put like 2/3 grand into it... any b series motor

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That depends if you are wanting a fresh motor with under 60k on it? Are you interested in purchasing top of the line reliable parts or just the right ones to get you by? If you want to go turbo or all motor? It all costs money and that's not including any minor details that come up and need to be fixed within the process. Do you have any general ideas? If not, keep doing your research on it and don't jump into it if you are not prepared yet.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cheap, fast, reliable. <--- You only get two, you'll never get all three. ;)

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine too..

Im thinking of a 99-01 CRV or Prelude to drive around and part out the civic..

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So what would be a better option for a daily driver but something I can pull like close to 300hp all motor. Between a ls vtec or poor man type r or something else?...
Take that money, and buy something that is RWD/AWD and actually or nearly that fast out the box.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Key word: projects ;)

Wow you really do follow Rob around everywhere. Just propose already. :lol:
She does follow me around.. i didnt notice..

I hit up all threads.. your just looking at what you want to see.

Hell, I even bumped the jailbait thread. no pun intended

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

:rolf:

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

See... he doesn't like us old broads. *sniffle sniffle* :(

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Key word: projects ;)

Wow you really do follow Connie around everywhere. Just propose already. :lol:
They originally started out as daily's, but once we got a house with a two car garage... You know the drill! ;)

He wants me for my hp. :naughty: :naughty: Friggin users.... :roll:

Last edited:

sleepinsedan

Well thanks for the replies but I think I'm still being a lil vague.. I have a 93 4 door I got last year cuz I wanted to start building cars, so I thought I'd start with a 4 banger civic then move up to a six cylinder maybe a mustang, and eventually a v8 .. I already bought it with a b18b1 in it but I wanted to get as much power as possible out of it so I wasnt sure if I should build the b18 or try to grab something better? To get close to 300hp n/a.... I want to do it right and get all good parts so I'm not worried about the cost.. I'm also going to drop it and stance it - like with the tires popping out of the fenders, and that's going to cost me like 3gs between the skunk2 coilovers and camber kits and 18" bbs.. I'm getting it painted in like two months, midnight blue... I'm getting new interior... basically I wanna be driving a 2015, 1993 civic, cuz almost everything will be new... So hopefully that's enough info to help out a lil more..

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Back on topic...

OK Yung Grasshoppa, I like your enthusiasm..

What your trying to accomplish is roughly 150 hp per liter.

Now even today with all the high tech gadgets on cars, Car companies are chasing 100hp per liter. Honda was the first to do it decades ago.

Even using race gas and super high compression, your not going to reach that goal without some sort of forced induction.

Your B18B has one of the worst flowing heads in the Bseries family. 90% of power is made in the head.

So figure out a REALSTIC POWER GOAL and build towards it.

I have a non vtec fully built B20 and at the crank im getting 190hp/160tq. I can keep up with V6 cars.

Once you pass 200wheel HP on a light frame, you next objective will be traction issues.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In all honesty, you may have a better chance turboing it to get that kind of hp. N/a will cost more just in parts alone. But a good turbo kit and a good tune can be anywhere around I want to say a rough guestimate of $3k to $8k (parts and labor) that's if you have a repituable shop do any of your work. Would be much cheaper if you can do it on your own and can weld.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm also going to drop it and stance it - like with the tires popping out of the fenders
Negating the time and money spent to reach your power goal by making the car stupid to drive and actually be able to handle the roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.