Status
Not open for further replies.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I spent 2500 on my k24 and I'm right around 300whp and it's not fully built and it's on pump gas.

If you want that kind of power NA, go with a k24.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he lost me at i wanna stance with skunk 2 coilovers and 18 inch wheels. im out.
I agree. 18" rims on a Civic? And "stance" it?!? He'd need a lift kit or to cut out the fenders. Blah!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
faith in hes going to ruin a perfectly fine car, yeah.

sleepinsedan

Well I don't care what you think is stupid so be out.. I'm gonna slam it and push the wheels out cuz it looks sexxy.. also I wasn't planning on using just the b18 I wanted to keep the block and get a vtec head, or maybe get a b18c cuz they're vtec right? And I'm also just learning so if you hear something that doesn't sound right, relax and dont act crazy I'm hear to learn more...

How's that gonna ruin it?

Last edited by a moderator:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do what you wanna do man. Its your car.

sleepinsedan

Ok esoteric how about a 200hp goal? And what bseries motor is best or what combination?

I just don't know how it'll ruin it and up my street this dude dropped his Audi and pushed the wheels out and it looks good - that's where I got the idea and the skunk2 coilovers and 18in rims where on a forum on the 8th gen civic forum so by iggyhaxor

My plan was to finish the body and the appearance while I was learning more about motors and s**t then by the time the body's finished I can have an idea of what I wanna do... So I'm not gonna go out tomorrow and get everything, I just want info now

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
8th gen and 5th gen are 2 totally diff cars. I think you need to sit down and do alot of research before throwing money at a car.

sleepinsedan

I know bro but I figured it would be a similar process

That's why I'm asking here!! Wtf

Where'd you get you're k24 from Child?

And what do you got in it?

Captain obvious is no use here... thanks redline

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop.

Asking questions here that have been asked thousands of times is NOT doing research, it's waiting to be spoon fed and as you can see, it's not going to happen.

Child has a very extensive build thread LOOK for it and find out the information yourself.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I spent 2500 on my k24 and I'm right around 300whp and it's not fully built and it's on pump gas.

If you want that kind of power NA, go with a k24.
You got lucky on your K swap. They are NOT cheap here in Chicago or I would have had 3 of them in my hatchies already.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not cheap here either.. just the engine is going for 2 grand.

Kpro and everything needed is a grand right there...
Guess he got his on the DL

itzrivera

Just curious, where are you guys sourcing your k24 s from? 'Cause I've seen them average ~$1300 on car-part dot com

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well thanks for the replies but I think I'm still being a lil vague.. I have a 93 4 door I got last year cuz I wanted to start building cars, so I thought I'd start with a 4 banger civic then move up to a six cylinder maybe a mustang, and eventually a v8 .. I already bought it with a b18b1 in it but I wanted to get as much power as possible out of it so I wasnt sure if I should build the b18 or try to grab something better? To get close to 300hp n/a.... I want to do it right and get all good parts so I'm not worried about the cost.. I'm also going to drop it and stance it - like with the tires popping out of the fenders, and that's going to cost me like 3gs between the skunk2 coilovers and camber kits and 18" bbs.. I'm getting it painted in like two months, midnight blue... I'm getting new interior... basically I wanna be driving a 2015, 1993 civic, cuz almost everything will be new... So hopefully that's enough info to help out a lil more..
So you want to go slower after your civic?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, do some actual research!
You're dealing with a 20+ yr old chassis..you're not doing anything new, different or something that hasn't been done before.

Captain obvious is no use here...
That's blatantly apparent....you know instead of posting within minutes of eachother, everytime you "think" of something, you can edit and add to your posts?

I just don't know how it'll ruin it
That being said, proves you have 0 clue what you're attempting to do.

up my street this dude dropped his Audi and pushed the wheels out and it looks good - that's where I got the idea and the skunk2 coilovers and 18in rims where on a forum on the 8th gen civic forum so by iggyhaxor
There is quite a difference between putting 18's on an Audi.
There is also quite a difference in putting jumbo wheels on your tiny 20 yr old econobox commuter and putting them on a larger and bloated 8th gen Civic.

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's blatantly apparent....you know instead of posting within minutes of eachother, everytime you "think" of something, you can edit and add to your posts?
THIS!! Seems like you are one of the only ones that gets this.

There is quite a difference between putting 18's on an Audi.
There is also quite a difference in putting jumbo wheels on your tiny 20 yr old econobox commuter and putting them on a larger and bloated 8th gen Civic.

Ding, ding, ding. Huge difference. 5th and 6th gens look like crap with large wheels.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If somebody wants a 300hp k, nobody would buy an expensive stock k in the first place. An accord k24 block sells for a couple hundred all day. Buy a tsx, crv, accord head that most don't want. I don't know why everyone treats a K differently from a B. Almost nobody buys all brand new s**t to swap in a B, so there's no need to buy all brand new s**t for a K either. And the K will have a far better output throughout the range. I just built my K for the price I originally spent on just a good condition longblock...

Status
Not open for further replies.