00 civic dx turbo upgrade? ?

Buschwacker77

Ok so I got my first civic to drive back and fourth to work, damn these things are fun to drive!!! My question is, is there an easy to install turbo upgrade for this car!! Don't want anything big but a nice little hp increase couldn't hurt right. So any info on kits or what all is involved in something like that would be appreciated. Also if its something I could legally do to my civic as I live in a county that requires SMOG testing.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
i would look up the specific laws in your country regarding modification and what it needs to pass smog.

and i would say get it piece by piece so you can get exactly the setup you want, as opposed to getting some ebay kit.

Buschwacker77

Just been doing a lot of reading about ecu upgrades and bigger injectors (mines tb not injectors) , just was wonder if all that is necessary or just for big hp builds. Hell Im not even sure of everything I would need. Guess a shoping list would be needed. I just don't know what a basically "stock" civic could handle?

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gostkit.html That turbo kit is about the cheapest, Good quality kit you'll want to buy. Anything less would be pretty much ebay kits and I would never recommend a ebay kit. I also wouldn't buy a kit i'd piece together my own turbo kit and get the parts and brands I want. But that should give you an idea of what all you need for a turbo kit. Add a fuel pump, Walbro 255 is what you'll probably want, Some injectors, 440cc or higher depending on power, From what you said 440 or 550's would be perfect. And a way to tune it. Hondata S300 is what I always recommend. Don't go turbo if you don't have or want to spend the money. If it's not done right it won't last. Also do a ton of research before you do anything to it lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just been doing a lot of reading about ecu upgrades and bigger injectors (mines tb not injectors) , just was wonder if all that is necessary or just for big hp builds. Hell Im not even sure of everything I would need. Guess a shoping list would be needed. I just don't know what a basically "stock" civic could handle?
TB not injectors?? Throttle Body? You mean carbureted? Vehicles with throttle bodies have injectors...

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you require smog I think edelbrock and greddy turbo kits are smogable but hard to find complete. Unless you want to take the kit off every other year I wouldnt turbo it