'00 EM1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Figured I would start posting updates on this instead of the Show of your Car thread. Car is pretty much bone stock except for a new radiator the last owner put in, some gaskets? Idk what the last guy did but I don't think he was very good to it lol. Anyway..., no major mods yet except for a blue AEM cold air intake which I kinda wanna paint a different color.

Plans:

EDIT: Got the yonaka cat back exhaust, probably no rear lip, repainting spare VC to a wrinkle "type-r" red, no longer looking for meshies

Yonaka Catback Exhaust -- Got an eBay Catback now...saving up for a better exhaust eventually.
Possibly Lowering the car, not sure about what kind of coilovers/shocks to get but I know I want to get coilovers instead of springs.
Repainting hood, front/back bumper, front lip, well pretty much the whole car since there are paint chips missing...
Maybe strip the tint thats already on it, not sure what it is the guy who I bought it from said that this was a limited edition Si so it had greenish/mirrorish tint on it. I don't really believe him but whatever.
Repaint the VC

Planning on taking some new pictures after my next wash/wax which I would like to do today after class..summer classes suck but oh well. Gonna try to keep it updated, but this will probably be a slow build. College kid + moved out + own car = No extra money :???:

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
paint looks pretty clean, might want to spend that money elsewhere, besides lowering your in pretty good shape already. hows the interior look?

That engine bay needs to be cleaned pretty bad..
Ever think about black housing headlights retrofitted with HID projectors, along with retrofitted projector fog lights? that would be a head turner.

barrett

Registered VIP
even just blacked out headlights look a ton better. especially since your car is black. what color are you going to repaint it? nighthawk black is sick. i'd suggest that.

Function & Form coils are cheap reliable and great for the price. my buddy has them on his em1.

i totally know what you're talking about tho. i'm in college + moved out + making civic payments + delsol project + minor mods to civic + 2 jobs = still no money.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
F&F seem like theyre pretty good from what ive read and they are decently priced. Just got the Skunk2 Pro S II's myself and love them allready. well worth the $700 well $689 or somethin like that from Tunersports off the ClubCivic store!!!!! keep us posted.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
F&F seem like theyre pretty good from what ive read and they are decently priced. Just got the Skunk2 Pro S II's myself and love them allready. well worth the $700 well $689 or somethin like that from Tunersports off the ClubCivic store!!!!! keep us posted.
Wow, yeah that would take me a couple months to save up for! hahaha

What about a set of shocks? I know I can't ride on aftermarket coilovers for too long without having aftermarket shocks too

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Liked the stock grill without all the emblems.
The extra Si badge makes it look cluttered.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
could leave the SI emblem in the grill and remove all the rest of the emblems off the car =)

barrett

Registered VIP
i'd get rid of the H emblem entirely and get on of the blanked out grills, then put the Si logo in the center. few people have done it and it looks sick. in my opinion

also get rid of all the emblems on the rear

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks everybody for your comments =) and I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do with the emblems cause if I get rid of the ones on the back you'd be able to tell cause of the outlines. The only thing I'd probably get rid of is that Si symbol on the back and get a 01-05 emblem like the one on my grill. May remove the ebay H emblem from the grill but I like that Si symbol =) Wish I had the time and the money to do everything to it right now.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
Id keep the SI on the front, but move it an inch or 2 closer to the center and down a bit. and take off the H.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took off the H yesterday, it pretty much fell off...so I put it on my laptop lol. What do you guys think about Ground Control Coilovers? Good brand or just good for the price?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ground control seems to be good, alot of people run Koni yellow shocks with GC coils

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well when I get the money I'll probably be going with F&F because they are shocks and coilovers in one. Just bought a Yonaka catback exhaust system tonight because my previous exhaust leak got worse. The muffler has rusted completely off...on a brighter note, I got a wink mirror put in this weekend and absolutely LOVE it :D I just bolted it to the existing holes where my visors were and it doesn't even shake. Gonna put a center bracket on it eventually so it doesn't warp and get ruined. Oh well, on to the wonderful pictures of my wonderful exhaust haha.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Took off that front license plate bracket and fog lights...As you can tell, the bumper and hood needs repainted.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I loved my mirror, but it's hot down here in Georgia so it started to warp so I took it down.
You should probably put the fogs back in until you get another bumper, though...
Where's your front lip?

Status
Not open for further replies.