00 si headers and exhaust opinions please i need feedback

swizz977

5+ Year Member
i just got a ebp 00 si everything stock 41000 miles i just got my v2 and i need exhaust and headers the headers i kno im gettin dc but idk wat to get eather 421 or 41 and idk to get ceramic or stainless steel and the exhaust idk what to get i was leaning towards the greddy evo2 but now idk its just based on sound but i cant hear it b4 i buy it idk wat to do

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Evo 2 all the way, also change your headers to header before you get flammed, hurry go go go ;)

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good choice with DC sports header.......I suggest the cermamic 4-2-1 because it will give you power through the whole band while 4-1 is only power in high rpms...as for exhaust, I suggest Greddy Evo2 or Magnaflow

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love my dc 4-2-1 ceramic. nice sound and performance for a daily driver. as exhaust goes... its all personal preference. some put up better numbers, some sound better, and some do both. i had a custom 2.5 no cat magnaflow straight through system and absolutely loved it. but it was louder than i wanted. so i got the evo2. nice sound and look. theres lots of topics on exhaust and header for em1s. search and get other opinions.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swizz977 said:
do u kno between what rpms u get boost wit the 421 and 41? 00 si
they say 5000-8000rpms is where you will feel the 4-1

swizz977

5+ Year Member
yea man i need a lot of feed back on these topics ive been researching for a long time i mean i most likely am gonna go wit the greddy evo2 i mean i like how the dc sports looks too but i wana hear them both and about the headers im not sure a lot of ppl get 421 but idk whats the point of 421 when u race ur only in upper rpms anyway

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not everyone races all the time. 4-2-1 is good for daily driving. it gives good power through the entire rpm range. with the i/h/e everything will sound great. i thikn youll really like it. i have the v2, 4-2-1 and evo2. great sound!!! especially when you hit vtec.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if I were you I'd get the 4-1 and an rsr exmag exhaust

swizz977

5+ Year Member
im tryin to decide between dc or evo2 exhaust and should i get ceramic or stainless header

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
swizz977 said:
do u kno between what rpms u get boost wit the 421 and 41? 00 si
get ceramic, they are cheaper. and go with the evo2

swizz977

5+ Year Member
ceramic? r u sure not stainless steel? usualyl things that cost more are better lol

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
swizz977 said:
ceramic? r u sure not stainless steel? usualyl things that cost more are better lol
the difference is so slight that the price difference makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. the only thing that might make the stainless steal worth it is if your roads are constantly salted/wet. stainless steal doesnt rust. but then again thats what the ceramic coat is for.

swizz977

5+ Year Member
thanks for all ur feedback do u think i can hear or watch a clip of ur si wit the v2 greddy and 421 dc ceramic? and also where does the rpms kick in for the 421 and 41.. and i should really go wit ceramic rite?