'00 Si Interior Swap

pcalahane

I know its probably a PITA, but how would you go about doing it? At this point, I bought a salvaged 1996 Civic DX after rolling my 1996 BMW M3 Compact. The civic is salvaged from a theft where it was completely stripped. The guy i bought it from basically put everything back on it, but the A/C and heater/defroster still does not work... So I figured if I was going to be redoing it, I might as well upgrade to the '99-'00 center console because i figured they would be a pretty straight forward swap. also i am looking to do a '00 Si gauge cluster. Any ideas/advise?

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from what i have read the 99-00 climate control conversion is intense to do having to replace allmost everything that has to do with the climate control

pcalahane

I cannot believe i am the only one on here that either wants to do it, or has ever done it. Come on people... Help me out here. i finally got the part number for the climate control bezel with the knobs and buttons already attached so if i buy it i am committed. just looking for advise/ guidance. I worked on my BMW for 6 years but this is whole new and unexplored world for me.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just google climate control change from 96-98 to 99-00 there are a few that have pics and time. as far as details i got nothing simply cuz im to lazy to do it in the winter time

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 96-98 is different from 99-00. In order to change the console you need to swap out the entire dash, including wiring b/c the slider climate control on the 96/98 is different from the electric 99/00. The cup holders/cubby holes are also different.

I bought a 99/00 dash for my 97 and it's going to be a PITA but well worth it IMO.

pcalahane

ok no problem. I think i found roughly what i need. But where do i go to buy the parts? For my BMW i went to bavauto.com because they had every part ever created by or for BMW's. Is their a site like this for honda civics?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly got lucky and found an interior that was damn near mint at a junkyard and stripped it. I had to order a couple random pieces, but I have friends that work at Honda so I got their discount.

Browse the forum. People are ALWAYS selling interior pieces. honda-tech is a good site too for parts. ej8squad, squadronone.net, jdmuniverse.com but i haven't been on that board in years.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Si interior wasn't really anything too special, it's just the dark grey interior with Si seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, Si gauge cluster and amber dash lighting.

pcalahane

I know but i want the extra space to put a navigational/DVD screen on the dash. plus I like the knobs better. reminds me of my old BMW (R.I.P.) As for the rest of the interior, i probably will strip it down b-pillar and back. Put in corbeau fx1 pro seats and a sparco harness bar with front and rear strut tower braces. The car was salvaged from a theft so there isn't a lot worth keeping in the interior. I just want the screen so i'll need the Si dash/climate control bezel and an Si instrument cluster so i can get a tachometer.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you just need a 99-00 climate control, doesn't have to be Si and any LX/EX or Si gauge cluster will have a tachometer.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea there is a few threads, let me look for one...

But you do not need the entire Dash... You just need the entire climate bezel and climate system... Then the cables and wiring to all the components.

The Si Cluster is plug and play ZERO work needed, you unbolt the DX one and slap the new one in... That's it... I love Honda for this reason lol