00 si to start

Bigoj2

I have a 00 Civic Si, put the b16a2 motor back in and trying to get it started. timing is ready to go. Turn the key and have to give it trottle to start it but if i let go of the trottle it shuts right off. Any ideas, thanks guys

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
as much more info on what you did, or did not do,when installing the motor. and hey a quick video woud be really helpful too.

Bigoj2

Well if you jump on what the other guy IBmikexxx posted with his video its basically the same thing. I'll try to shoot for a video tonight but if you read what all he's said I'm right there as well

Bigoj2

No cel codes cause my light doesn't work so I couldnt tell ya. And the firing order I got is 1-3-4-2

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Take out the ECU, and borrow someone else's OBD2 honda and plug it in lol. If they have a working CEL, that should work in theory, right?

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Take out the ECU, and borrow someone else's OBD2 honda and plug it in lol. If they have a working CEL, that should work in theory, right?
lol well yeah, but if the CEL bulbs burnt out it wont work regardless of ECU

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 00 Civic Si, put the b16a2 motor back in and trying to get it started. timing is ready to go. Turn the key and have to give it trottle to start it but if i let go of the trottle it shuts right off. Any ideas, thanks guys
Sounds like it wont idle, Check to see if your IACV is plugged in, and if the wires look okay going to it.

Bigoj2

well a little bit update, the distributor cap is good, but the rotor is way down so im thinking replace that. the iacv is legit so no worries there, waiting for the next step to do maybe.

Bigoj2

Alright here's the update so far, iacv was good and clean, replaced the rotor, replaced the spark plugs and it fired right up. Bad news is dumpin a lot of fuel and fouled out the plugs except for cyl 1, once they fouled out the car shut off so it put me back to square one, wats next fellas?? Thanks again