01 civic motor??

jarrellem2

5+ Year Member
hey does any one have a 01 vtec civic motor for sale or know where i can get one for cheap:

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got one but it needs to be rebuilt

stoney13

5+ Year Member
Just got to Ebay, you can find one pretty cheap. Cheapest i've seen is $300. Most expensive around $800.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for a running engine 3-400 is the going rate anywhere. you wont find them any cheaper

EM2HOTTIE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got to Ebay, you can find one pretty cheap. Cheapest i've seen is $300. Most expensive around $800.
Shipping costs go into this too. But for a true 7th gen engine that's most likely where you're going to have to go.

Check Craigslist too. You may be able to find somebody in your area who's selling one or willing to sell one.

Good luck!=)

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/ is a really good site for Engines too.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im not sure if swapping is really worth it. I mean 3 or 400 + install for like 20 + hp? Unless there is some future project you need that particular engine for? Maybe just swap the head so you have vtec?

jarrellem2

5+ Year Member
yea i jus need a complete new motor lol... i ran low on oil after doing sum runs nd when i went to downshift sumthing blew.... all i know is when i start up my car it shakes very badly... plus there wus a whole in my oil tank

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait a minute...

please take pictures of the hole and post them here. before you do anything! maybe take a video of your car running/idling?

because now... it doesnt add up. theres a hole in the oil pan... but you are still able to start the car... you say it blew on a downshift. this is a rare problem. and when it starts it shakes?

i would really like to see a video of this. any modern day camera can take video... use photobucket to upload the video. and post it here. seriously.

a video and some pictures will help s further guide you on what to do... instead of wasting 400 bux on something that may be a very easy and cheap fix.