01 Civic Window Issue

lasdj

Hi everyone,
Not sure if this is the write place to post but please move if it is not. I am new to the forum and hope someone can help me.

So last night after dinner I went to my car and unlocked it with my stock honda keyless entry remote and press the unlock button twice because I was opening the door for my passenger first. Then I went around to my driver side door and all of a sudden it just started to roll down. The key is still in my hand but the window on the driver side just rolled down by itself all the way. So when i got in the car I started it and tried to roll it up but it didnt budge. When I press the window down it makes a strange noise for a few seconds (like 2) then it stopped and nothing happen. then i would try to roll it up again and a noise for 2 seconds again then nothing.

Has this happened to anyone? I am going to take off the door panel but didnt know where to begin. Is it possible that it's off the track? I didnt think so cuz the motor didnt keep running when i was trying to move the window back up. Please let me know what I should do.

Car is a 2001 Honda Civic 2 door EX completely stock no mods what so ever.

Thanks for your time.

Paul-R

window regulator went bad , assuming it was a high pitch clicking noise motor is probaly no good only way to find out is take the door panel off . good luck .