01 EM2 personality

XxCivic98xX

5+ Year Member
Ok so i have this dark blue em2 and i was wondering what i could do to the outside of the car to give it its own personality, something cheap but effective. No body kits or fast and furious s**t. But a clean EM2. Any suggestions will work. its bone stock by the way. I just need someone to spark some inspiration for me before i start sexying my babygirl up

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
well depends on you if its ur dd start from ground up suspension then motor etc. but looks wise i say drop then some wheels

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't understand why you are asking us for advice on its own personality... I think it is you who needs to decide what kind of personality it should have. Plus, you want a clean look but cheap. Then you should just leave it stock. You should be more realistic. You want a nice clean looking car, it will cost you. The only thing I can think of that is cheap and still keep a clean looking car is to wash your car once a week. Detail your car wouldn't be too expensive neither. Grille might be the next cheapest right behind car wash.

ngtvghostrider

7ҧĢɜɴ
^^ ditto. 'cept the drop and wheels idea sounds good. then the whole wash and wax. Do the words cheap and car even go together when you're talking about mods?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A car does not have a personality of its own. A car's personality is reflected through the personality of its owner. This is why we modify cars... it is a symbolic expression of ourselves. YOU need to figure out what you want to do with it.

XxCivic98xX

5+ Year Member
well it seems that some of you misunderstood my question. What i meant by cheap was like DIY's and stuff like that. I didnt mean that i was going to go out and buy raceland springs and walmart window tint. The grill was always a good idea to me. I did a DIY grill on my 98 civic and i loved it. Stuff like that. And when you suggest something that didnt meant that i was going to go do it just because YOU think it looks good. Just maybe someone would say something that i havent heard before and then see if i like that. so sry if some of you misunderstood the question

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there really is not much diy stuff you can do thats cheap and not ghetto looking. you can redo your headliner and pillars with faux suede for around 100 bucks olaso swap some filament bulbs for LED. also you can redo your trunk board for a custom one for fairly cheap.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well it still depends on what you mean by cheap, we need a budget. It also depends on what you want to do. You talking about looks, or performance? For looks, you can reupholster some of your interior..........headliner, door inserts. Stuff like that. Relatively cheap.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
A car does not have a personality of its own. A car's personality is reflected through the personality of its owner. This is why we modify cars... it is a symbolic expression of ourselves. YOU need to figure out what you want to do with it.
^ Amen to this s**t.:D

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
there really is not much diy stuff you can do thats cheap and not ghetto looking. you can redo your headliner and pillars with faux suede for around 100 bucks olaso swap some filament bulbs for LED. also you can redo your trunk board for a custom one for fairly cheap.
I redid my headliner and pillars for about $50. Wal-Mart charged my $24 for 6 yards of fabric (more than you'll need since I have a hatchback with a really long roof) and I payed about $22 for the two cans of liner adhesive. Oh and then I spent another $6 on the adhesive remover because I got the adhesive everywhere.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used the best quality faux suede they had at jo ann fabric it was liz claiborn i believe. 3M adhesive i bought razor blades, plastic bonder for the visor mirrors also a hot glue gun and glue for the back of the headliner and black paint to match the trim pieces . i covered all 6 upper pillars and door inserts. so i dont think 100 bucks was bad.
http://img228.imageshack.us/i/imgp0581d.jpg/

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Looks really nice!

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks , the only thing that sucks is the front pillars are starting to get some sun damage and i cant seem to find any UV protection products specifically designed for faux suede but fortunately the front is the easiest to recover.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It looks pretty nice, just dont think it flows well with the tan interior. Anyway. I think we need to hear from the OP again.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like that interior too. Makes me want to do the same thing... But I don't know if I want to spend the money and time to do it

XxCivic98xX

5+ Year Member
yea that does look pretty sweet. and 100 bucks is within the budget. Idk if i would do it black tho because i have the same tan interior that he has.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im slowly changing my interior to black . i think it flows fine there are black accents on the dash.steering wheel, gear shift, cup holders.