01 Ex Idle Problems

loriderjs

5+ Year Member
I have a high idle and sometimes up and down idle. I have read how to clean the IACV, but for the TB positon sensor, all i can do is spray some carb or break cleaner down the TB while car is running correct? Any other things to check ?

a416644

5+ Year Member
may have a malfuntioning cruise control, mine was doing that and sure enough thats what it was

JDUB11288

5+ Year Member
i have the same problem.. it started when i disconnected the battery..some times it stops but it will always start again.everyone tells me its not a big problem but it bugs me..let me know if you find anything out

courtney1302

5+ Year Member
pull your coil pack they may have dirt on them,my car did the same thing i clean them off with a towel
disconnected the battery before you do this

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
your ecu is reset when the battery is disconnected, and if you dont reset it properly you will have theses idle issues.

loriderjs

5+ Year Member
Did the ecu reset, pulled the fuse and then let car idle for 7 mins, still doing it.
Removed TB, cleaned, couldnt remove the iacv, one screw too tight. I did spray cleaner into the holes where the coolant hose's clamp on and also square hole inside TB near the butter fly.

P0113 , IAT SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT
P1298 , MANUEL CONTROL FUEL AIR METERING

These are the CEL codes that Advanced Auto read for me today. They said a new iacv would be $150.

courtney1302

5+ Year Member
Did the ecu reset, pulled the fuse and then let car idle for 7 mins, still doing it.
Removed TB, cleaned, couldnt remove the iacv, one screw too tight. I did spray cleaner into the holes where the coolant hose's clamp on and also square hole inside TB near the butter fly.

P0113 , IAT SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT
P1298 , MANUEL CONTROL FUEL AIR METERING

These are the CEL codes that Advanced Auto read for me today. They said a new iacv would be $150.
please check your coil pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!