02 Civic Issues

regularcat

i have an 02 civic that had a real bad day today.

do to all the work under the hood my battery has to be installed in the trunk of my vehicle, i replaced the battery with a new battery, i had my friend do it for me while i was at work.

when i returned home from work, i took the car out for a ride and after about 5 minutes of driving the car started running horribly as if it was dying, i tried to shift and keep the car moving to pull off of the road but didn't make it.

i quickly took the key out and went towards the hood and seen smoke coming from my trunk, my battery was on fire, apparently he didn't strap the battery back up and the hot was grounding out.

so i started the car back up and disconnected the battery and went to the auto parts store to get a new one, ever since i placed the new battery my car makes a strange sound when using the clutch.

it makes a strange grind sound and a whirling wind type sound here and there, it is a racing clutch but has never made this sound before, i don't have a boost leak as the gauge reads as usual, the car accelerates as usual as well with no shifting issues either.

so my question is what do you think the issue is and if you say clutch is it possible i could have destroyed it trying to shift hard keeping the car moving to get off of the road ?