02 civic problemas

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i noticed that soem of the older accords have somewhat of a lip on them. has anyone tried putting one of these lips on there car i know a little bit of modificication must be done but is the contour of our bumpers the same as like a 97 accords? my next question is i have an automatic trans and this summer is blew to pieces i dotn race i dont drive hard i drive like a normal human being has anyone else has a problem with there trans going on them? it started with some horrible slippage with the trans between gears then it just went out. final question is i have a clickign noise that i can here when i turn my steering to the right it feels liek its coming throught he shaft of the strut up front is there anythin i can grease up in the frotn linkage? thanks alot

1999civicsi

Banned
JDM melbatoast said:
ok i noticed that soem of the older accords have somewhat of a lip on them. has anyone tried putting one of these lips on there car i know a little bit of modificication must be done but is the contour of our bumpers the same as like a 97 accords? my next question is i have an automatic trans and this summer is blew to pieces i dotn race i dont drive hard i drive like a normal human being has anyone else has a problem with there trans going on them? it started with some horrible slippage with the trans between gears then it just went out. final question is i have a clickign noise that i can here when i turn my steering to the right it feels liek its coming throught he shaft of the strut up front is there anythin i can grease up in the frotn linkage? thanks alot
i dont kno wat hte deal with the tranny is....but that clicking noise is probably ur right or left axle..how many miles are on the car

scansel912

5+ Year Member
Take your front tires off and see if there is any grease all over the wheel or suspension. That clicking noise might be the CV joints about to break.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh god i changed the cv joint on my brothers grand am....not looking forward to doing that again. I have around 80,000 miles and between post actually someone hit my car at my families resturaunt and made some mean spider cracks with a pretty big indent from the bumper brace. Im not having a good day here!!!!

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to hear guy. When I had my 05 Civic, which was auto, I never had a problem with the tranny. I beat on that car every day. It only had about 34k on it though. As for the clicking noise, like Scansel912 said, might be your CV joint.

DieMaster

5+ Year Member
i also have about 80K on my 02 and i hear a single click when i turn the wheel. is that cv joints? it will do it moving or not.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I\'ve heard of problems with the 7G auto tranny. Something about the filters clogging and they basically just trash themselves in a few thousand miles.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just changing the cv on a Honda isn't really a possibility, just get new axles.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
01-03 trannys are crap 04-05 trannys are okay... They fixed some of the problems for the last two years.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was just wondering maybe they had a recall on soemthing int he tranny?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
01-03 trannys are crap 04-05 trannys are okay... They fixed some of the problems for the last two years.
agreed - i have an 01 and my transmission went on me with about 90000 miles, bought a whole new one